rsx type S VS type R who do you think would win in a drag

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
PY 01-0972
ITRCA Member

rsx type S VS type R who do you think would win in a drag

Post by PY 01-0972 »

in a drag race who do you think would win. i'm not sure of the weight of
the rsx but I assume the R is lighter. and also does the rsx has a LSD?
whats your opinion?
01 py #972
03 si vivid blue
00 si milano red-stolen
97 accord green lx
95 accord green ex
since 1995
Erik B
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Erik B »

TypeR would win with equal drivers. The RSX TypeS weights about 2800lbs I think.
2000 Turbo Integra Type R - 508whp/362lbs tq @ 21psi
2003 Imola/Imola NSX-T
http://www.jdmwhoreinc.com
WHT95GSR
New ITRCA Member

Post by WHT95GSR »

I would have to say this would be a good race. I have never driven a Stock Type r, but I own a 03 type s I have just a short ram intake on it and on Wed I took it to the track for the first time and the first run was a 14.875 @ 94.75 MPH. The only "almost" stock R I have seen run was a 01 with a Comptech Icebox and a Greddy Sp Exhaust system. His best run of the night was a 14.785.

This would be a good race in my opinion.
98TYPR
New ITRCA Member

Post by 98TYPR »

stock Type-S vs. stock Type-R, equal drivers. Type-R wins.
The Question
New ITRCA Member

Post by The Question »

stock vs. stock... equal skilled drivers... the Type R definitely will win
i seen results in which the type s ran 14.6 n 14.8 but still the R runs along about 14.4-14.8 both were stock
Erik B
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Erik B »

an RSX will respond alot better to simple mods than the TypeR will becasue the TypeR comes so highly tuned from factory it is hard to get any more whp outta it. My boy just put down 198whp with just a Intake, header and exhaust. I put that down with my car when I went all motor....Toda cams, gears, header, test pipe, exhaust, VAFC tuned, fuel pressure reg. spoon head gasket.
2003 Imola/Imola NSX-T
typeRated
New ITRCA Member

Post by typeRated »

Erik,
Would you prefer to own a Type R or an RSX type S? Since the RSX type S is a new car than it really doesn't surprise me on the performance mods. I would say the R is still a better track car .
What do u think?
ITR640
ITRCA Member

Post by ITR640 »

The RSX S does not have LSD from the factory. I have raced my dad in his 03 S and I have beat him. He has a DC sports DAC on his. My R is stock it was a good race but the R is alot faster than an RSX S.
Erik B
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Erik B »

typeRated wrote:Erik,
Would you prefer to own a Type R or an RSX type S? Since the RSX type S is a new car than it really doesn't surprise me on the performance mods. I would say the R is still a better track car .
What do u think?
Aw man the TypeR without any doubt or even thinking about it twice. You know how eeeeeeeeeeeeveryone with an import wants to be "the diffrent guy"....well how many R owners do you know? See what I'm saying. We (I) already own a car that is pretty dam rare itself (not saying there isn't any other out there) but they are just so limited. I take pride in knowing that I have something that only a hand full of people have. Plus it really can't be touched on a auto x course or track course. I would take a TypeR over an RSX any day and I'm sure alot of RSX owners would take a TypeR over an RSX if given the chance too.
2003 Imola/Imola NSX-T
WHT95GSR
New ITRCA Member

Post by WHT95GSR »

What did all of you R owners run stock. Lets not get too cocky here, I love Type r's but the dude that replied to this post stating he has seen a STOCK Type r run a 14.4 must be confused. I would say cold day at sea level I'll give you a 14.9 with a good driver. I think car and driver rates you at a 15.0

Just so there is no confusion stock is stock ie airbox, tires, exhaust, interior. ect.

Also no replies from non R owners who think they might have seen an R do a 14.0 stock one time...BS
Erik B
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Erik B »

cocky? I dont think so. C&D can kiss my ass. I don't care what they rate the TypeR as running. Fact of the matter is they will all run different times. Yeah a 14.4 or 14.0 is way off but how would you know? Thats the point you go off what you have seen. I hope no one is posting BS about what they have heard. Maybe the track that that 14.4 was ran at is short. My point and the point this user was trying to make was who would win. Stock vs Stock. The answer is the Type R. Also I ran a 14.8 stock here in hot ass Louisiana. My boy was able to run a 14.6 with just a AEM and cat back. I'm thinking 14.8 is a good guess (avg)
2003 Imola/Imola NSX-T
RedKroovy
New ITRCA Member

Post by RedKroovy »

Well I have raced an rsx s and smoked him. And it was on a race track. 15.0 me and 16 him
98 #0023
You name the vice, I'll name the price.
typeRated
New ITRCA Member

Post by typeRated »

Well i havent' ran mine but have been wanting to.
Both cars being stock:
the Type R is know for the quarter mile high 14's.. 15's if not expert
The RSX s is 15's or 16's etc.
This information is pretty much average on the times you see anywhere.
WHT95GSR
New ITRCA Member

Post by WHT95GSR »

I would LOOOOOOOOOOVE to put this debate to the test. I can suply the stock RSX type S if there is anyone in the northern ca. (sacramento raceway) area with a stock type r lets run em. Would like to video so we can post and watch.
jetydosa
suite 200

Post by jetydosa »

All else being equal I suspect the R would win b/c it is lighter with essentially the same power. Not sure about RSXS gear ratios, but the R is geared pretty well.

Who cares anyway? Drag racing any 14sec car is pretty boring, put them both on a road course or autox for some fun.
Do not blow compressed air into your mouth or ears.
bbqman
Canadian Director

Post by bbqman »

jetydosa wrote:

Who cares anyway? Drag racing any 14sec car is pretty boring, put them both on a road course or autox for some fun.

Well said....amen!!
98cwitr
ITRCA Member

Post by 98cwitr »

hondata'd RSX-S>ITR>stock RSX-S

jm2c
'98 Integra Type R #363