help: Bilstein shocks question

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
RunningOnMT
New ITRCA Member

help: Bilstein shocks question

Post by RunningOnMT »

Hello,
I need some fitment info on the Bilstein Sport shocks for the ITR. I want to put a set on my GSR. I know the rear will fit with the ITR lower control arms, but I can't find reliable data regarding the fronts. Most sites list the Sports only for ITR application. Is the basic front suspension on the ITR different from the GSR? If so, what will I need to swap out? I want to go with the Sport instead of the Heavy Duty shocks, but don't really want to sink a lot of money into a street set up. Thank you.
Trey
Site Admin

Post by Trey »

Front shocks mount the same for all 94-01 Integras. NO changes needed.
Dave-ROR
Site Admin

Post by Dave-ROR »

Trey wrote:Front shocks mount the same for all 94-01 Integras. NO changes needed.
Mostly true. The HD's come with brake line holders, the Sports you have to reuse the stock ones. So yes, they should mount fine, but wanted to note that difference anyways.
-Dave
Some DC2s and a pimp Grand Marquis
Trey
Site Admin

Post by Trey »

technicality. Why would one want a bilstein anyway Dave?!?
Dave-ROR
Site Admin

Post by Dave-ROR »

Trey wrote:technicality. Why would one want a bilstein anyway Dave?!?
Becuase:
1. They are great shocks for the price.
2. They can handle some pretty high spring rates with standard valving.
3. You don't have to screw around with adjusting them to your spring rates, they do a pretty good job of it all by themselves.
4. They have a good warranty and are made of quality pieces.
5. They are yellow y0!

:P

I know you don't care for them trey, but everyone who has them or has driven a car that had them liked them. At least, I've never read complaints.
-Dave
RunningOnMT
New ITRCA Member

Hey Trey

Post by RunningOnMT »

Trey wrote:technicality. Why would one want a bilstein anyway Dave?!?
What's your recommendation for a street set up? I'm not intrested in coilovers as I intend to stay with a 1.3" drop. Something that inspire confident yet comfortable for a daily driver. I appreciate hearing your opinion.
Trey
Site Admin

Post by Trey »

Bilsteins are fine for street. This is a running/Joke discussion Dave and I have.
opie
ITRCA Member

Post by opie »

Trey wrote:Bilsteins are fine for street. This is a running/Joke discussion Dave and I have.
Ahaha administrator humor! :lol:
I ran bilsteins in my last car (vw). Very streetable even with a 45 minute daily NYC commute!
Dave-ROR
Site Admin

Post by Dave-ROR »

Trey wrote:Bilsteins are fine for street. This is a running/Joke discussion Dave and I have.
Bilsteins are fine for the track too, wh0re! :P

So trey, what shocks were on that mere, slow ass GS-R that beat you in your own backyard autocross? :P
-Dave
opie
ITRCA Member

Post by opie »

Dave-ROR wrote:

So trey, what shocks were on that mere, slow ass GS-R that beat you in your own backyard autocross? :P
:shock:
Thats beef in NY!! You gonna take that Trey!! :lol:

<--- Instigator
Dave-ROR
Site Admin

Post by Dave-ROR »

OPIE112 wrote:
Dave-ROR wrote:

:shock:
Thats beef in NY!! You gonna take that Trey!! :lol:

<--- Instigator
LOL. To be fair, I was running 032Rs. Also to be fair, I had hawk blues on the car.. so the tires were a plus, while the brakes were a big negative (hawk blues like to be hot to work). Either way, I *barely* beat him. Trey is a good driver :thumbup: (at least as good as I am, but then, I consider myself to be OK at best)
-Dave
Trey
Site Admin

Post by Trey »

i'd call us competent for sure.

Also to be fair dave had the rotation setup for springs . . . 400/600 was it? :p
Dave-ROR
Site Admin

Post by Dave-ROR »

Trey wrote:i'd call us competent for sure.

Also to be fair dave had the rotation setup for springs . . . 400/600 was it? :p
450/600.. and that was the second day with the setup, wasn't quite used to them yet... since we are being so fair :P it WAS your "home" autox track and you did have more power and a better chassis :P
-Dave