mugen clutch

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
itr
ITRCA Member

mugen clutch

Post by itr »

whats the pros and cons of this clutch. does it grab hard last with a lot of power?
Trey
Site Admin

Post by Trey »

I can't imagine this being cost effective. . . How much power do you make? Stock clutch not holding?

I have used Stock, Exedy and ACT. All I can say is DO NOT BUY EXEDY and ACT is still doing well after 10,000 miles.
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

I also would recommend to stay away from excedy, I now have the ACT and liking it alot.
swed
itr
ITRCA Member

Post by itr »

so is the mugen clutch made for high hp and grab hard. and is it good for street???
Trey
Site Admin

Post by Trey »

We are trying to tel you there are just as good or better clutches for a lot less money. Have you looked at other options or do you plan to show off your mugen clutch?
itr
ITRCA Member

Post by itr »

Trey wrote:We are trying to tel you there are just as good or better clutches for a lot less money. Have you looked at other options or do you plan to show off your mugen clutch?
oh i see. i was just wondering if its worth it. and i see it isnt. i just thought that it was more money because it lasted londger or something like that

but thanks for the reply trey
98cwitr
ITRCA Member

Post by 98cwitr »

clutch masters stage 3 and light flywheel would be my vote.
'98 Integra Type R #363
Trey
Site Admin

Post by Trey »

ACT HDSS and Fidanza Flywheel gets my vote.

just NOT EXEDY!
98cwitr
ITRCA Member

Post by 98cwitr »

exedy sucks :P
'98 Integra Type R #363
Austin
New ITRCA Member

Post by Austin »

The Mugen clutch was designed for racing use only, a friend recently pulled the clutch out at ~12,000 miles and it was done, although it did have ~4 track days on it. If you want a racing clutch be prepared to pull the transmission and replace the clutch at regualar intervals.

Austin
Trey
Site Admin

Post by Trey »

Austin wrote: a friend recently pulled the clutch out at ~12,000 miles and it was done, although it did have ~4 track days on it.
Austin
Ouch!
ITR97
New ITRCA Member

Post by ITR97 »

[quote="Trey"]ACT HDSS

thats what i am getting after my stock clutch is shot :D
jetydosa
suite 200

Post by jetydosa »

What are you guys talking about, Exedy is kick ass, just have to install them correctly, duh!!
[/sarcasm]

I plan on ACT whenever my stock clutch screws the pooch.
Do not blow compressed air into your mouth or ears.
Austin
New ITRCA Member

Post by Austin »

Trey wrote:
Austin wrote: a friend recently pulled the clutch out at ~12,000 miles and it was done, although it did have ~4 track days on it.
Austin
Ouch!
Yeah...the amount of friction material left was equal to ~3 pieces of paper tightly packed, he was VERY lucky that it was pulled before it killed anything.

Austin