What kinda SPARK PLUGS do u use?

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
chiggaz
New ITRCA Member

What kinda SPARK PLUGS do u use?

Post by chiggaz »

Hi!all members:
do u guyz know what OEM spark plugs does a R use?and please share the opinion and experience on your favorite spark plugs for your R,thanks!!!
ITR is the king of FF!!!
Trey
Site Admin

Post by Trey »

I use NGK bkr6e-11 on my car.
98cwitr
ITRCA Member

Post by 98cwitr »

Denso iridums are in my car...but they were a little pricy...stick with stock :)
'98 Integra Type R #363
chiggaz
New ITRCA Member

Post by chiggaz »

anybody know what stock R use?and is it really gonna be a save in gasoline and lil better accelerating with stuff like Denso,NGK and Bosch......

thanks
ITR is the king of FF!!!
otb2000itr
New ITRCA Member

Post by otb2000itr »

I used bosch platinum 4's for about a week and they were shitty....i now use NGK v-power plugs, and I think they are quite good actually...thats what my performance shop recommends actually...
-----------------------
FBP 00 ITR #1117
bbqman
Canadian Director

Plugs

Post by bbqman »

Stock NGK part number....PFR 6G-11 at least for Canadian models.

You can use ZFR6F-11 or the number Trey mentioned...its all good. If you use non platinum, replace every 20,000km to avoid problems.

Extended track use or continual high revving, you can use a colder plug like....ZFR7 F-ll.
ITR0184
New ITRCA Member

Post by ITR0184 »

Go with the Denso Iridiums and Magnacore plug wires. really livens up the throtle response.
bbqman
Canadian Director

Post by bbqman »

I doubt seriously that the Denso plugs and/or Magnacor wires made any difference other than being fresh and due for your car. Plugs and wires can only get you back to 100% not more. While you are at it, a new cap and rotor will also help for throttle response.

IMO, anything more than OE or NGK standard is just a waste of money on a stock engine or mildly modified.
RGoose18
ITRCA Member

Post by RGoose18 »

bbqman wrote:I doubt seriously that the Denso plugs and/or Magnacor wires made any difference other than being fresh and due for your car. Plugs and wires can only get you back to 100% not more. While you are at it, a new cap and rotor will also help for throttle response.

IMO, anything more than OE or NGK standard is just a waste of money on a stock engine or mildly modified.
Well put.............crazy ass electric green plug wires and expensive platinum plugs aren't going to do shit besides put a hole in your pocket. Stick w/ OEM, or something along the lines.
2001 NHBP ITR
Johnny T
New ITRCA Member

type of plugs

Post by Johnny T »

I found that for drag racing the Zex plugs work best on an N/A type R. However, nothing is better than the original NGK Double Platinums for all around driving. Firing off those plugs to thier full potential means making sure that that there is no weak link in the ignition. I found that MSD wires, Blaster SS coil, MSD cap and new HONDA rotor will make your car run nice. Add an ignition box of your choice and you will be glad you did cause your car won't bog and you'll rev smooth all the way to 9 grand.
B2FiNiTY
ITRCA Member

Post by B2FiNiTY »

Stock platinums by NGK :wink: