Dyno'd the car this weekend..

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
e r i c s 9 9 s i
ITRCA Member

Dyno'd the car this weekend..

Post by e r i c s 9 9 s i »

Well I got a chance to make a few pulls on the dyno this weekend so I thought I'd take advantage of it. Didn't do any tuning at all so only base pulls were made. Figured it would be a waste to tune the motor now since I'll be tearing it apart in a few months. Just to refresh peoples mind about my setup, its a JDM R engine with intake/exhaust and clutch in a 99 Civic Si chasis. Car ended up making solid power from 2,000rpm's on up to about 8300 then I lost a few ponies from 8300-8600. Torque was pretty much a straight horizonal line across the entire rpm range so I was very please with that... A/F wasn't that bad but it could definately use some work... Prolly could see 190whp outta this motor if I put the time into tuning, which is great cause my 200+ goal isn't gonna be that hard I think once I build the head and up compression this winter. Once all said and done, I'm looking to be in the 220-230whp range tuned so we'll see what happens after the build. Ended up making a bit more than I was assuming in stock form so I can't be disappointed with the results... (I'll post the dyno sheet once it gets scanned)

Final Results: 183.3 whp / 125.9 tq

SirromMotorsports.com Online Performance

1999 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Built '99 JDM ITR Swap - 221whp / 149tq
98cwitr
ITRCA Member

Post by 98cwitr »

what header are you running? JDM ITR?
'98 Integra Type R #363
Trey
Site Admin

Post by Trey »

Dynojet?
Where are you from?
What Intake?
Stock Cams?

What are your plans?
e r i c s 9 9 s i
ITRCA Member

Post by e r i c s 9 9 s i »

Trey wrote:Dynojet?
Where are you from?
What Intake?
Stock Cams?

What are your plans?
Yes I was using the stock ITR JDM 4-1 header. Intake was a AEM ITR CAI. Internally the motor is completely stock so obviously the cams, pistons, etc.. were factory. Only made two runs and they were on a dynojet and I live in the Seattle Washington area...

Future plans (theres actually two stages)... gonna play with compression a little this season using CTR pistons and see how it runs, then next year build the block with the propper compression I think the cams need. The reasons I'm gonna use CTR Pistons is because the factory 11:1 CR will be too low for these cams, and I don't wanna invest in a set of nice pistons that end up being still to low for the cams. These camshafts are reletively new to the scene so noone really knows what works best with these so I'm sorta doing the R&D with them. CTR's are farely cheap and will bump me up near 12:1 CR so I'll be able to get an idea how much compression these cams need as far as overcamming, etc... is concerned.

This 2003 winter upgrades will include: (concentrating on the upper half pretty much...stock head flows enough cfm to support 225whp so theres no need to P&P at this point)

EF-1 M24 All Motor Head Package
Clean up the head a bit (porting)
RC Injectors
CTR Pistons
Factory Rods
Dyno Tuning
(w/CTR pistons they'll bump compression up to roughly 11.8-12.0:1 so I'll see how these cams react with this compression... then I'll stay/add compression depending on how the car runs the following year.)

2004 winter upgrades will include: (concentrating on the lower half, adding valves to the head)

Manley Valves (haven't decided what kinda valve job yet)
RS Machine Sleeves
Import Builder 85mm Super Duper Pistons
Cunningham Rods
ATS 3.077 First Gear
ATS 4.9 FD
Dyno Tuning

Sometime in the middle of 03/04 slowly saving for a SMSP or Ericks Race Header. I'll slowly get it all eventually, wish I could do it all at once. It's hard to save as I have two different cars I'm building currently, saving for a house and buying a street bike next year as well so... As far as horsepower is concerned, after this winters build I'm shooting for around 200-210 or so whp, then once all said and done with the head and block I'd hope to see roughly 220-230+ outta this setup. I've seen alot of cars making over 220whp with the 85mm IB Spec Super Dupers so I can't see my car making anything below 220whp after the overall final stages. As my car sits now, I think I could tune 190whp outta the car so I don't think 200-210 with a head build and 220-230whp with a block build added is to extremely outta the picture as far as a goal is concerned... But like anyone will say, can't really know until its all built.

Ericks Race Header: (for those that haven't seen one.)

SirromMotorsports.com Online Performance

1999 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Built '99 JDM ITR Swap - 221whp / 149tq