H22A Swap

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
POWERD.by.VTEC
New ITRCA Member

H22A Swap

Post by POWERD.by.VTEC »

I have a 94 rolling body (TEG) but i dont wanna spend 4,000 - 5,000 for a B18C and was thinkin of swapin an H22A in there
now i know it will phisically fit but if ne one can tell me what else i would need or show me a link where i can get some information i will appreciate it

-thanks for reading this-
..::''A TOAST TO ALL ITR OWNERS''::..
POWERD.by.VTEC
New ITRCA Member

Post by POWERD.by.VTEC »

oh by the way the body cost me $600!!!!!!! is that a good deal or what :mrgreen: :D
..::''A TOAST TO ALL ITR OWNERS''::..
PY 01-0972
ITRCA Member

Post by PY 01-0972 »

I think your biggest problem will be to compensate for the heavier engine.
it will affect the handling.
01 py #972
03 si vivid blue
00 si milano red-stolen
97 accord green lx
95 accord green ex
since 1995
milanogsr
New ITRCA Member

h22 swap

Post by milanogsr »

There is a kit that gives you the motor mounts for the swap and makes it bolt in like a b18 would. It was advertised, and the whole swap explained in detail in one of the import magazines issued within the last 2 months. Cant remember what mag, maybe someone else knows. But h22 will bolt in perfect, a little wiring must be done with the injectors, ecu, and air idle control. A little dremeling will be needed where the shifter goes. The header must be swapped for performance one made for the swap. This is the kind of stuff it explained inn detail to do it yourself at home. I feel as if I could do the swap with the attention to detail they gave.
e r i c s 9 9 s i
ITRCA Member

Post by e r i c s 9 9 s i »

by the time your all said and done with the H22 swap you'll be up in the $4,000 range... I can go more into detail about this swap if you really would like me tooo.. I'd just invest in a JDM LSD GSR motor or if you budget is a little higher then do a ITR swap... What are your overall goals and we can help stear you in the right direction... Are you planning on doing internal work, etc..?

SirromMotorsports.com Online Performance

1999 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Built '99 JDM ITR Swap - 221whp / 149tq