supercharger

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
Dave-ROR
Site Admin

Post by Dave-ROR »

98cwitr wrote: at 10 psi on the procharger they produced 15 more whp than JR. All im trying to say is that the Procharger is a better setup than JR...
Show the graphs. I don't like talking about money shot peak power since it doesn't tell the whole story.. or anything close to it. So I'm curious to see the entire power curve of both where it had 15 more peak.
-Dave
Some DC2s and a pimp Grand Marquis
Trey
Site Admin

Post by Trey »

No arguement there are better setups but people have all sorts of reasons for what they do with their cars. JRSC doesn't suck and a procharger is more your style. Makes sense to me.
98cwitr
ITRCA Member

Post by 98cwitr »

Reasoning behind chosing JR over Prochrager would be? :?
'98 Integra Type R #363
Trey
Site Admin

Post by Trey »

I'd have to know more about the procharger to say. I do know the JRSC is a good product but I won't say it is good for a B18C5. B18C1 however is a great engine to put one on.

What does a provharger cost?
Dave-ROR
Site Admin

Post by Dave-ROR »

98cwitr wrote:Reasoning behind chosing JR over Prochrager would be? :?
<-- still waiting for those graphs.
-Dave
Some DC2s and a pimp Grand Marquis
fredtoast
ITRCA Member

Re: supercharger

Post by fredtoast »

jdm cw type r wrote:do i have to go into the internals ? how much horsepower should i have with the charger and exhaust headers intake? thanks!!!!!!
First of all, with a supercharger you don't need to mess with the internal parts.

Cams don't make much difference. In fact when I contacted Jackson Racing (Moss Motors) about this Jim Watts said that If I were to change the cams in my Type-R I should go with GSR cams. They actually have LESS lift and duration than the Type-R cams, but they also have less overlap which makes them good for the jrsc. I could also tell that the cams didn't make much difference because there wasn't much of a change at the vtec crossover point after i got the jrsc. Overlap can be dialed out with adjustible cam gears. They would be a lot cheaper than new cams.

There is no need for higher compression because the blower takes care of that. You don't want your engine to have too LOW of a compression ratio because this reduces your performance when you are not under boost, but if you increase your compression you will limit of your maximum boost level.

What you will need is new injectors (if you go over 6 psi), a fuel pump upgrade, and some sort of engine management system to control the fuel flow and timing. The jrsc Boost Timing Controller and MAP controller work fine with the stock injectors and a larger fuel pump as long as you just run the base 5 to 6 psi. Since EVERYONE who buys the base kit wants to increase the boost within a year I would recommend getting the injectors and better engine management system to begin with. It will cost you a lot more money to upgrade later.

I don't know much about the Procharger system. When I bought my jrsc it was the only good supercharger available. There was a Vortech system that had very high peak numbers but was weaker in the low RPM range. This is usually what you see with turbos (turbo lag). If you want straight-line, dragstrip acceleration then go turbo. They will produce a lot higher peak HP. I chose the supercharger because I drive on winding, curvy mountain roads. I'm constantly turning and downshifting, so I need that low RPM power. There are small turbos that spool very fast and have practically no turbo lag, but their top end power is limited.

The most important thing to remember is "DO TONS OF RESEARCH AND DECIDE WHAT YOU WANT TO END UP WITH BEFORE YOU SPEND A DIME!" I've read so many posts about guys who bought headers before they decided they wanted to go turbo, or bought cams and pistons before they decided they wanted to go forced induction, and so on, and so on. This is why you can pick up so many used performance parts so cheap in the classifieds here and at honda-tech.com.
98-0658
98 Supercharged R
New ITRCA Member

Post by 98 Supercharged R »

Well here I am :) .I got the JR kit with the upgrade 7or8psi pulley(no one really knows how much it is for sure)and the map controller,boost timing controller,and boost retard.I got up to almost 90k on my car and stock internals,the kit has been on for close to three years and no probs at all but I have to still get it dynoed aslo.I love the kit and I love the no hassles it has :D
98 championship white type r
JR supercharged 8psi
Batoutahell
New ITRCA Member

Post by Batoutahell »

With Hondata and a jrsc at 6.5psi, I make 230whp. My torque curve is absolutely FLAT, which suits my driving style fine because I drive in a lot of hpde's.
Driving FLAT OUT in an actual supercar - like I do - is an art form. I can’t expect you to understand.
98cwitr
ITRCA Member

Post by 98cwitr »

still searching for those graphs :lol: I dont think any exsist online. Therefore, Ill take back the comment JR sucks ballz but IMHO Procharger is still the better setup for the money b/c it comes with an intercooler and therefore you can run more boost...

More boost = More power

Turbo>Procharger>JR just my .02
'98 Integra Type R #363
opie
ITRCA Member

Post by opie »

BudMan wrote: Why don't you & Opie just take a little break & ignore each other for a bit
Not to worry guys Opie <3 Jun :wink: