About to pick up ITR, what do I need to look for..advice?

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
typercrazed
New ITRCA Member

Post by typercrazed »

Did the dealer, or salesperson actually admit the car was wrecked? If so, is the title a "salvage" title or was the damage done small so the car would not be considered "totaled?" I beleive a "salvage" title is only for cars that have been totaled or water damaged, etc. In any event, I would write a letter to the dealer demanding my money back; the price you stated earlier is way too much for any R that has been wrecked, regardless of the intial damage. I would copy the letter to a lawyer and definitley check out any laws, lemon or otherwise, in the state you purchased the car to see if you have any recourse against the dealer. If the dealer is an authorized Mazda dealer, I would find out who the Zone Manager is and call and copy the letter to him/her.

I would think any reputable dealer, especially a franchised dealer, would do you right by either taking the car back with full refund or fixing it to your statisfaction, completely.

Don't let this dealer get by with delivering an abused or damaged car; you do have rights.

Steve 2001 ITR #0275
e r i c s 9 9 s i
ITRCA Member

Post by e r i c s 9 9 s i »

97-98 R's didn't come with a rear wiper I don't beleive.. They started putting them as a standard option in 2000-01 if I'm remembering the years right.

As far as your different colored taillights... the style you have was the factory taillight on all integra's from 94-98, then in 99+ they went to a white reverse light and the rest being red. Also, the front and rear bumpers will look different from the 98 R's compared to the 00-01 R's...

You might wanna click on the FAQ link about in the navagational bar above. It'll prolly answer all your questions regarding the R and whats different about each one from year to year...

SirromMotorsports.com Online Performance

1999 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Built '99 JDM ITR Swap - 221whp / 149tq