boosted Type R

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
im_new
New ITRCA Member

boosted Type R

Post by im_new »

Hey everyone, I'm new to this forum but have been searching around it for the last week or two and I've come up with some questions. I found a turbo kit called TSI Extreme, it has a Garrett T25. This kit seems pretty well put together and it runs at 6 psi. I'm not looking for an all out 450whp Type R, i just want something that'll be quick on the street since there are no tracks in my state. I have $5k to work with but I have a job so additional costs wont be a problem. The kit is $2700. I plan on running 6-7 psi for now because the internals will remain stock for a couple months after installation of the turbo. I'll also be getting 450cc injectors, Walbro fuel pump (255lph, maybe?), 3" custom catback, and the ACT clutch/flywheel package, along with Hondata for tuning. Is this a safe way to start off boosting my Type R until i get the bottom end built? Keep in mind, i'll be running 6-7 psi. Thanks for your help. This is my third Honda, but my first boosted one! :oops:
Jan Niemi
Senior ITRCA Member

kit

Post by Jan Niemi »

The T25 is way, way too small for a Type-R motor...not enough flow potential. You need a T3 at the minimum, but preferably a T3/T4 hybrid.

The T25 will spool super quickly but will fall on its face in the upper end.
http://speedindustry.biz
for all of your tuning, parts, fabrication and other service needs.
ITR41
ITRCA Member

Post by ITR41 »

yeah at the least get a greddy kit and fit to your car. I have that set up and it runs well with good spool. T3/T4 is another good set up. T25 is way way too small.
98 ITR
14.108@98mph all motor
greddy custom turbo set up from hybridynamics, 450cc injectors, cartech FMU, missing link, AFC, 255lph pump, inline pro head gasket and block gaurd, profec-b.
13.0@109mph-street tires, stock exhaust, stock internals, pump gas, ac, ps
http://www.hybridynamics.com
soon to be GE 83MM sleeved block ready for 25psi and 11's?
im_new
New ITRCA Member

Post by im_new »

Thanks for your opinions on the setup guys. Yeh, all of the kits I see for the R are T3/T4's so maybe I should go with the Revhard kit. So in place of the TSI kit, does everything else sound right for starting off? Anything significant i'm missing? Thanks for the info.
ITR41
ITRCA Member

Post by ITR41 »

well I would say honestly if you are using hondata just buy bigger injectors now. I would go no smaller than 660cc and avoid RC injectors....go with precision they are cheaper and have a better spray pattern. also for safety I would honestly use the inline pro head gasket and block gaurd....jan and erik run stock head gaskets so it can be done, but I can run up to 22psi on that gasket on a good tune on stock internals. cars have gone as fast as 11.2 on it....also look into a block gaurd if you are doin the gasket
98 ITR
14.108@98mph all motor
greddy custom turbo set up from hybridynamics, 450cc injectors, cartech FMU, missing link, AFC, 255lph pump, inline pro head gasket and block gaurd, profec-b.
13.0@109mph-street tires, stock exhaust, stock internals, pump gas, ac, ps
http://www.hybridynamics.com
soon to be GE 83MM sleeved block ready for 25psi and 11's?
im_new
New ITRCA Member

Post by im_new »

ITR41 wrote:well I would say honestly if you are using hondata just buy bigger injectors now. I would go no smaller than 660cc and avoid RC injectors....go with precision they are cheaper and have a better spray pattern. also for safety I would honestly use the inline pro head gasket and block gaurd....jan and erik run stock head gaskets so it can be done, but I can run up to 22psi on that gasket on a good tune on stock internals. cars have gone as fast as 11.2 on it....also look into a block gaurd if you are doin the gasket
Thank you for your reply. I think I should definately be boosting the Type R, sounds like a good idea. No one in my town even has a Type R let alone a BOOSTED one. :twisted: