Type R vs Civic Si

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
ZeRoFoOL
New ITRCA Member

Type R vs Civic Si

Post by ZeRoFoOL »

hey, im new at the forum, but ive been lurking around a bit. i have a question, which one would win in a race, 01 ITR, or 03 Civic Si? thnx
Champ R
ITRCA Member

Post by Champ R »

*flame suit armed* :D But to roughly answer your question, the ITR will win in every performance aspect, be it track or drag times.
CW 98 #805
ZeRoFoOL
New ITRCA Member

Post by ZeRoFoOL »

Champ R wrote:*flame suit armed* :D But to roughly answer your question, the ITR will win in every performance aspect, be it track or drag times.
are you saying this just cuz u own a type r? not that i think ur lying or anything, but is that a true answer?

well that being answered, what would win in a race an Integra GSR or a Civic Si (not 03)
BassBoy19
New ITRCA Member

Post by BassBoy19 »

no this is the real answer, no to flame the 03 si but it sucks compare to any 97-01 ITR, and I was saying that before I own my ITR and will say until the end of times... even if I own a si one day
Taaay-Paaaaar
ITR640
ITRCA Member

Post by ITR640 »

This should help answer the question.

http://www.car-videos.com/performance/v ... 67&ID2=157

And as I wexpected the Type R beats it
ZeRoFoOL
New ITRCA Member

Post by ZeRoFoOL »

ok thnx. i knew the ITR was better, but my cousin said the civic si 03 was better, guess this proves him wrong :D
98cwitr
ITRCA Member

Post by 98cwitr »

was this a serious post?
'98 Integra Type R #363
jetydosa
suite 200

Post by jetydosa »

How can their POSSIBLY be a comparison....?

- The ITR is lighter
- The ITR has more power
- The ITR has stiffer suspension
- The ITR has better suspension geometry (double wishbone)
- The ITR has bigger brakes
- The ITR has "better" gearing

Wtf. I love the EP3 and would love to own one to daily drive, but in a performance arena they are in different leagues.
Do not blow compressed air into your mouth or ears.
JUN.R
ITRCA Member

Post by JUN.R »

very different
IT-R Militia Member #43
2001 PY-R #0082
My Picture and Referece Thread
http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1579748

http://www.junauto.co.jp
GQNammer
New ITRCA Member

Post by GQNammer »

uh, I saw a ZC 88 crx woop a 2003 civic si. And to compare this to a type R.........wow, i thought this was a joke
5-Lug
New ITRCA Member

Post by 5-Lug »

Call me crazy but I'd still pick a GSR beating an Si.
e r i c s 9 9 s i
ITRCA Member

Post by e r i c s 9 9 s i »

bottom line to answer your question about the ITR vs. the O3 Si... ITR all the way, no chance for victory in the newest model Si... (I own a Si btw so I'm not bias at all).

To be honest with you... the 99-00 Si is the fastest-best Honda Si that they've ever came out with. The factory B-Series VTEC motor's are just hands down untouchable and better to modify that the K series at this point in time. Maybe as the R&D grows over time with the K series motor it'll turn out to be a great motor with the reputation as the B series have gained...

As far as GSR vs. SI's, I've driven them both and my overall opinion is that the GSR starts off faster though the 99-00 Si will catch it in the end. The B16's have the shorter geared trannys which make up for the roughly 10 more ft-lbs of torque that the GSR has with its slightly longer gearing.

I personally have a 99-00 Si model with a JDM ITR engine in the car and it's by far faster than the factory motor was with bolt-on's.. Obviously I have the best factory tranny on the market (4.785 FD) so the gearing makes a world of difference as far as accelleration goes. Place a Stock ITR versus a bolt-on 99-00 SI and the ITR will still walk the 99-00 Si.

This is a ITR forum so obviously there are gonna be some bias's opinions... fortunately I've had the opportunity to play with several honda engines within different chasis and bias or not, I must say the ITR is a very well designed car... I'd trade my faster Si that I have now for a true ITR anyday.. (well I might wanna take my JDM R motor as well...lol)

SirromMotorsports.com Online Performance

1999 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Built '99 JDM ITR Swap - 221whp / 149tq
PY 01-0972
ITRCA Member

Post by PY 01-0972 »

I drive them both daily and they are two totally different cars! the Si is
very smooth quiet and cumbersome and the R is a noisey ruff riding beast
and would win against the Si in all conditions(including a car full of passengers!
01 py #972
03 si vivid blue
00 si milano red-stolen
97 accord green lx
95 accord green ex
since 1995
George Knighton
ITRCA Member

Post by George Knighton »

ZeRoFoOL wrote:ok thnx. i knew the ITR was better, but my cousin said the civic si 03 was better, guess this proves him wrong :D
Tell ya what, though. The EP3 Si would definitely win the rattle test. :) It's a very solid little car compared to the DC2 chassis.
xmrcivicsix
New ITRCA Member

Post by xmrcivicsix »

I had a 99 Si with minor bolt ons for over a year and recently purchased a 98 Type r. Simply put the type r > si. Cant really compare them, the type r blows the si away in every aspect.
98-1126 Type R