running rich?

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
01ir#864
New ITRCA Member

running rich?

Post by 01ir#864 »

my 01 itr is stock besides i/e....after getting the exhaust put on i oticed a couple of days later my bumber was all black, thinking my buddy who installed it put it too close to the bumber i had it rehung but its doing the same thing.he told me the car is running to rich to check the plugs. the tip was a brown ashy color he said yeah its running to rich.any clues to fix it i just got an oil change it didnt burn any oil put 1400 miles in 3 months iv owned it?im afraid to take it to dealership they might void the warranty. the car only has 31k on it if it is running rich what about aftermarket feul pres reg?
Jan Niemi
Senior ITRCA Member

rich

Post by Jan Niemi »

ITRs run rich bro from the factory. The map is just overly rich. I would just keep an eye on the MPG, if you are used to getting let's say 32mpg, and now you are getting 26, you have a problem. Maybe the O2 sensor or wiring was damaged during the exhaust install?
http://speedindustry.biz
for all of your tuning, parts, fabrication and other service needs.
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

since you have the I & H I would say to get the VAFC and then get it tuned, you should be able to save a bit of gas and oil while getting more power.
swed