school parking

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
blue-streak
New ITRCA Member

school parking

Post by blue-streak »

i plan to take my car to school once i find the car i want hopefully a integra but im curious if i should leave it parked at school while im learning. ill have a lojack and an alarm, and the good thing is that there are about 20 cameras in the school parking lot. thats if i got a ARRRR what u guys think? yay or nay

its a brand new highschool btw, Todd Beamer High School
LT6916
New ITRCA Member

Post by LT6916 »

nice car amongst juvenile adolescents = vandalizm

i can't count how many times i've stopped people from vandalizing my integra (while in HS)...and its only an LS!
94 Integra GSR - RIP 05/05/05
93 MR2 turbo

USAF
Champ R
ITRCA Member

Post by Champ R »

There used to be plenty of break-ins on all types of cars when i was at high school. Be aware that an R is a lightning rod for theft so if you live in a so-so area, id probably get a different car.
CW 98 #805
B2FiNiTY
ITRCA Member

Post by B2FiNiTY »

Doesn't seem safe at all. I would highly recommend seeing if your parents or friends can drop you off.

I know it sounds spoiled but...
510kut
New ITRCA Member

Post by 510kut »

I think it pretty much depends on the neighborhood. My school was pretty good, we didnt have any breakins and such. There might have been random keying but most of the time nothing bad.
ITR640
ITRCA Member

Post by ITR640 »

i drove mine to school for a year before i got my crx to drive. Know one ever really messed with it i caught some kids looking at one day and i think someone atempted to key it. You shouild be ok just do what i did. Park far away and by friends on each side to avoid door dings.
jetydosa
suite 200

Post by jetydosa »

If you are still in HS, Id recommend a cheap beater or something before getting an ITR, no doubt.
Do not blow compressed air into your mouth or ears.
TypeR178
New ITRCA Member

Post by TypeR178 »

i've driven my itr to school everyday for the last four years, the only thing that every happened to it happened while it was in my garage.
2000 PY ITR#1178
1997 ITR #0078--RIP
koji126
New ITRCA Member

Post by koji126 »

I'd park in the teachers' parking lot if they have one.
revolution8k
New ITRCA Member

Post by revolution8k »

koji126 wrote:I'd park in the teachers' parking lot if they have one.
I like his idea. but if you went to the principal with that idea then he wouldn't see it your way.

I would actually wait until after I was out of high school to get an Integra that looks relaly really nice, it's an easy target for keying.
ITR640
ITRCA Member

Post by ITR640 »

This is what sucks about having a nice car everyone tries to mess with it. I just took the risk and drove it school and just watched my back. I wwas lucky i fell but i think more prople were interested in camaro's and trucks at my school to really relize what it was.
pUrExTc
ITRCA Member

Post by pUrExTc »

this topic has been on here from years past...

...no matter what, if someone really wants it, they'll get it.

deter them from taking it though...alarm and autoloc is really all you need. I put the club on the wheel just coz it looks cool.
'98 Acura Integra Type-R
'03 Honda CBR600RR
Surgeon General's Warning: It's OK to Smoke V8's