what is the difference in...just curious

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
3_diamond
New ITRCA Member

what is the difference in...just curious

Post by 3_diamond »

I have seen these people on ebay selling jdm taillights with the orange just like the regular integra tails. Just out of curiousity, are there any difference between JDM taillights with regular rs, ls integra USDM? I know the R and the GSR are all red with reverse light. Thanks!
pUrExTc
ITRCA Member

Post by pUrExTc »

JDM rear lights are essentially USDM Integra '94~'97 rear lights. The main difference is the turn signal is orange. Another notable difference is that '94~'97 (Japanese and US) Integra's did not have side marker lights on the back. They were reflectors, but did not emit any light of their own. In '98 for some reason, they had them illuminate on their own. Honestly, I think it looks better lit up.
'98 Acura Integra Type-R
'03 Honda CBR600RR
Surgeon General's Warning: It's OK to Smoke V8's
ITR640
ITRCA Member

Post by ITR640 »

in addition all 98+ integras had all red taillights minus the reverse lights.[/quote][/list]
3_diamond
New ITRCA Member

Post by 3_diamond »

so 98 and up on all model integras are all red minus the reverse? Interesting....
B2FiNiTY
ITRCA Member

Post by B2FiNiTY »

No, miss information abound here.

JDM 94-97 - like usdm 94-97 BUT no rear side marker
JDM 98 Spec - like usdm 98-01 BUT with amber signals and no rear side marker
USDM 98-01 - all red with clear reverse

All usdm are equiped with front and rear side markers by law.
3_diamond
New ITRCA Member

Post by 3_diamond »

thanks for the reply.

i guess my previous owner had changed my tailights with JDM because my corner is just a reflector and don't light up. Plus I have orange blinker.