turbo setup

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
typer rick
New ITRCA Member

turbo setup

Post by typer rick »

New to the site. I have a 2000 ITR black. I love the car but I would love to boost it some day after I get my house. I use to have a mx6 that ran low 13's at 111 it all came to an end in a bad car accident. Anyway I have been reading this forum for months and I like what I see. Jan,Erick, and another guy who has some fast as typer's. I was thinking about the full-race setup are revhard.
ITR41
ITRCA Member

Post by ITR41 »

stock bottom end+full race=overkill unless you have the head gasket and block gaurd I have.
98 ITR
14.108@98mph all motor
greddy custom turbo set up from hybridynamics, 450cc injectors, cartech FMU, missing link, AFC, 255lph pump, inline pro head gasket and block gaurd, profec-b.
13.0@109mph-street tires, stock exhaust, stock internals, pump gas, ac, ps
http://www.hybridynamics.com
soon to be GE 83MM sleeved block ready for 25psi and 11's?
Erik B
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Erik B »

ITR41 wrote:stock bottom end+full race=overkill unless you have the head gasket and block gaurd I have.
Werd! What kind of numbers are you looking to put down and how are you trying to spend?
2000 Turbo Integra Type R - 508whp/362lbs tq @ 21psi
2003 Imola/Imola NSX-T
http://www.jdmwhoreinc.com
typer rick
New ITRCA Member

Post by typer rick »

ITR41!! Nuff respect to you, your the other guy I was talking about. I love your setup, low 13's at 109 on stock wheels thats what I'm talking about. I'm looking for the same numbers but a higher mile per hour. After the house I'm looking to spend maybe 5grand, but I do the work myself. Aroud how much did you guys spend. Yes I'm going to put a head gasket and the block gaurd I have been doing my homework.
ITR41
ITRCA Member

Post by ITR41 »

If I had a 3" exhaust I would have trapped higher. 5 grand should be plenty.
98 ITR
14.108@98mph all motor
greddy custom turbo set up from hybridynamics, 450cc injectors, cartech FMU, missing link, AFC, 255lph pump, inline pro head gasket and block gaurd, profec-b.
Erik B
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Erik B »

if your taken the block apart I would just sleeve the block and do rods and pistons. With 5k and you doing it yourself you can pretty much build you’re motor on that budget. Block guard will only protect your head which we need but not as much as we need it on our blocks. If you do a little more reading and "homework" you'll fund it to be thEE safety route and after that you'll be running waaaay faster then low 13's that’s for sure and safe which is my number 1 priority before speed.
2003 Imola/Imola NSX-T
typer rick
New ITRCA Member

Post by typer rick »

Well my goal is 400 horsepower one day. I'm just trying to see how much I can put out with the stock motor for now.
Erik B
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Erik B »

Um if your looking to "see how much" you can get out a stock block that right there is not a good idea unless you have a spear motor to replace yours once you do find it's limits.....see what I'm saying
2003 Imola/Imola NSX-T
ITR41
ITRCA Member

Post by ITR41 »

I know of 2 cars that were total street cars that made 475whp and 509whp repectivly on the inline pro HG and block gaurd so there you go. you now know the limit
98 ITR
14.108@98mph all motor
typer rick
New ITRCA Member

Post by typer rick »

I'm not looking to put 400 out on the stock motor. For now I'm looking for about 300 at 10psi with a hondata.
Kangbateh
ITRCA Member

Post by Kangbateh »

I think you should be able to get 300hp with that setup. I'm in the process of trying to build at least a 450hp setup. I've got 9:1 je pistons/rings eagle rods, darton sleeves, cometic headgasket , moroso oil pan, cam gears, rc 550cc injectors, spoon flywheel and act extreme clutch. I'm wondering with that type of setup will I be able to see 450hp to the wheels? if not, what i'm I missing? I haven't done too much to the head but I'm looking at crower cmshafts and hondata stage 3 with boost plus a whole bunch of coolers (oil, transmission) to keep everything solid. what you guy's think? :twisted:

My mind is the weapon, my heart the extra clip...
typer rick
New ITRCA Member

Post by typer rick »

I think you should be able to put that out with that setup. Just make sure you tune the hell out of it. What times are you looking for. After I'm done with my goal I hope to be In the low a 11's at a high mph. What turbo are you going to use.
ITR41
ITRCA Member

Post by ITR41 »

Kangbateh wrote:I think you should be able to get 300hp with that setup. I'm in the process of trying to build at least a 450hp setup. I've got 9:1 je pistons/rings eagle rods, darton sleeves, cometic headgasket , moroso oil pan, cam gears, rc 550cc injectors, spoon flywheel and act extreme clutch. I'm wondering with that type of setup will I be able to see 450hp to the wheels? if not, what i'm I missing? I haven't done too much to the head but I'm looking at crower cmshafts and hondata stage 3 with boost plus a whole bunch of coolers (oil, transmission) to keep everything solid. what you guy's think? :twisted:

My mind is the weapon, my heart the extra clip...
we blew up a ITR motor using RC's and Jotech blew up 3 race motors useing them. do you really trust em? also 550cc ain't gettin you to 450whp....go big man get some precision 800cc's or better. the 2 R's at our shop are using Precision 1000cc(eric) and 945cc(me) with our hondata set ups.

problem with RC's is they are pintal type injectors. this is bad for 2 reasons:
A. they spray like a hose which is very bad for fuel atomization
B. the pintals sometimes get stuck and block the flow of fuel(erics R when it blew up) and that causes detonation. if you could see pics of the piston that injector got stuck on you would use anything but RC's. picture this. a endyne rollerwave with a hole the size of a dime melted through the piston and rings. the rod looked like a drippy ice cream cone only the drips on this were melted peices of piston. then on top of all that the block had to be bored to 83mm(was 81mm) to get rid of the gash in the brand new GE sleeves.
98 ITR
14.108@98mph all motor
Kangbateh
ITRCA Member

Post by Kangbateh »

thanks for the advice ITR41. I plan to use the 60-1 hybrid ceramic ball bearing from turbonetics. Where do I get precision injectors? and yes, I will tune the hell out of it on the dyno. maybe a couple weeks worth of time. I plan on running a 4 inch exhaust piping to a 4 and a half inch titanium muffler connected to a test pipe. Do you think this is overkill? I want to tune it for the street as well as road racing, I'm not really in to drag racing, but if so maybe low 11's high 10's?. So that's the setup I hope to run at the expo. :twisted:

My mind is the weapon, my heart the extra clip....
typer rick
New ITRCA Member

Post by typer rick »

I think that 4 inch is going to be a little too big. I know guys who are running low 10's and they have only 3inch exhaust. Why dont you go with a full race turbokit if your looking for so much power.
Kangbateh
ITRCA Member

Post by Kangbateh »

I already have a turbo kit RevHard. :twisted: