ACT Extreme pressure plate clutch

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
Kangbateh
ITRCA Member

ACT Extreme pressure plate clutch

Post by Kangbateh »

has anybody used the ACT Extreme pressure plate clutch? I purchased mine for use in my ITR turbo. I plan on running some big numbers and before I puchased it I checked it out and it said it wasn't recommended for the street because of harsh engagment, but when I talked to the tech guy, he said that for horsepower over 400 that's all you can really get. So I was just wondering has anybody used it and if you have can you describe experience, pedal feel, engament, traffic, it's 125% over stock. :twisted:
PSI_24
New ITRCA Member

Post by PSI_24 »

i have it in mine and i love it...... i'm using a street disc so its not so bad!!! the clutch pedal is nice and stiff for quick engagement.... :lol:
typer rick
New ITRCA Member

Post by typer rick »

The disc is what cause the harsh engagment, what every you do don't get a 6 puck disc because you can say good bye to your tranny.
F0rsfed
ITRCA Member

Post by F0rsfed »

I used a 6 puck for the longiest and after getting use to the clucth I loved it. Never had any problems. Not even with the tranny. I know a couple people that run them on there itr's making over 400 and they seem to like it.
00' Turbo R<-----#167
All Stock B18c5
Full-Race t3/t67 powered

91' Civic 4dr
Beater

| Team RUSH | Vouches | Full-Race | Fast-Turbo | Crp Turbo |
B2FiNiTY
ITRCA Member

Post by B2FiNiTY »

I have heard nothing but good things.
valentinecr
New ITRCA Member

Post by valentinecr »

I had an ACT clutch with extreme pressure plate in my other ITR before i got the one right now and believe it or not after about a years worth of good track driving and some hard street driving i had to replace the transmission. I guess the tranny couldn't handle the stress from the hard engagement. I personally wouldn't recomend it, i would go with a clutchmasters.
ITR 01-1058 FBP

8400 RPMs of Fun :D
typer rick
New ITRCA Member

Post by typer rick »

I just put a ACT clutch in mine today, so I hope it last. I have a semple set up heavy duty pressure plate and a street strip disc and the car feels good so far.
PSI_24
New ITRCA Member

Post by PSI_24 »

make sure you break it in so the clutch will last longer and be more efficient.......... :roll: