Sound Setup

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
40calpal
New ITRCA Member

Sound Setup

Post by 40calpal »

Hey i need to get some good audio for the ITR, and i'm not too knowledgeable in this field. I was thinking about going with 2 JL 10" subs and maybe some Audiobahn speakers and like a 700watt amp. Does anyone have a setup they like a lot or could recommend? Also i listen to metal and i've had a few people recommend 10's because they can hit a lot faster for the double bass.
Sure a plane is fast but you can't chirp second in a plane!
bmw325is
New ITRCA Member

Post by bmw325is »

why not one 8. wont slow you down as much and the car is so small it'll hit hard.
itr
ITRCA Member

Post by itr »

I'm my opinion I would just go with a deck and some nice mids and tweets. Thats what I would do. I want a system to sound as nice as my 01' Lude. Its sound good for just you and your passengers. You don't need people down the block to know your comming.
ITR640
ITRCA Member

Post by ITR640 »

I think the R is a race car. RAce cars dont have amard winning systems in them. As much as I love my music to be loud I'd rather go fast.
B2FiNiTY
ITRCA Member

Post by B2FiNiTY »

How about loud and fast?

I have just upgraded speakers with a s2000 headunit and it is overall pretty nice but it definately could be better.

All I ever listen to is the engine/exhaust noise anyways.
jdm cw type r
ITRCA Member

Post by jdm cw type r »

i just did a sound system in my r about two weeks and im very happy with it .my system consist of :pioneer flip out tv with a dvd player 6 inch crystal speakers all the way around with cyrstal tweeters up front one twelve inch crystal sub with a 700 watt 4channel amp. the box is custom fitted in the rear and it is very light also does not way the car down at all .the system all in all sounds awesome its loud and very clear i couldn't be happier!!!
Yes it's a real type r!!!
Utilitarian
ITRCA Member

Post by Utilitarian »

If you don't upgrade your stock 6.5's (front and rear) with two decent component sets and a good 4 channel amp, you'll never hear vocals with two decently powered subs of any size. Speaking from experience, I'd good with a high-end dual voice coil 10" or 12" in a sealed box with about 500 watts at least to compliment two 5.25" component sets with a 200+ watt amp. BTW, I enjoy death metal as well. :twisted:
2003 BMW //M3 Carbon Black #78 TIR Class
2003 Lexus IS300 Black Onyx 5MT LSD

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... ef=profile
40calpal
New ITRCA Member

Post by 40calpal »

excellent, thanks for the input. I'll go with something light, nothing in terms of fat beats with 15's bumpin' out the block i'll just upgrade to hear some hi's and low's.

Fear Factory is back, archetype jams. its demanu/obsolete -ish :twisted:
Sure a plane is fast but you can't chirp second in a plane!
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

To hell with the weight, a few extra pounds on the street are not going to slow you down all that much. 8)

I suggest you replace the Headunit with the best that you can afford (the better it is, the better your sound will be), also upgrade the 6.5s with what you can afford and run them off a 4 channel amp.
And for subs... I have 2 Fosgate 12s in a sealed box that are powered by a Fosagte 500a2 amp in 2ohm.

When I do go to the track or strip I just take out the sub box and go.

I apperciate Music a lot and besides the stuff I already had from my last car :wink:
swed
Azcheron
New ITRCA Member

Post by Azcheron »

i agree with bbasso

i have the new $400 dollar alpine deck with infinity 6.5" components in front (reference series, the kappas dont fit) and 6.5" coaxials in back, also infinity reference. with a 500 watt kenwood amp 4 channel powering those. Then a 700 watt rockford amp (350 by 2 into 2 ohms) powering 2 12" rockford HE2 subs in a sealed box......and let me tell you, u wont notice a power diff unless the stereo is blasting and IT POUNDS!!!!!

if u go to track, remove box, the stereo is worth it, remove ur deck's faceplate when u leave car somewhere, its just more for people to see and want