What are some cheap coilovers?

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
supercivicsi
New ITRCA Member

What are some cheap coilovers?

Post by supercivicsi »

I want to get real coilovers, not like ground control, but I don't want to spend too much money. What is the cheapest, yet still of good quality set i can get?
Trey
Site Admin

Re: What are some cheap coilovers?

Post by Trey »

supercivicsi wrote:I want to get real coilovers, not like ground control, but I don't want to spend too much money. What is the cheapest, yet still of good quality set i can get?
cheap and ral coilover don't go in a sentence together well unless the word not is with it.

You are looking at $1000+
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Aj »

Your looking at a bare minimum of like $750 for a new set of half way decent coil overs, and unless you can find a set used, I would start saving your pennies.

Trey is right though, there is no such thing as a cheap set of real coilovers, but in suspension, it's very tru that: "You get what you pay for!"

Later!
98ITR785
New ITRCA Member

Post by 98ITR785 »

Supercivicsi,

When I was looking into coilovers, I was also on the hunt for something under $1000. What I was most strongly considering was the Apexi World Sport Damper Coilovers for $889 at Modacar. I didn't end up buying because I'll scrape the ground pulling into my garage if I lower the car much more than 3/4". More info on these coilovers are at the following links:

http://www.apexi.com
http://www.modacar.com/products/Acura/Integra/MODACOI/

Hope this helps!

Tony Alvarez
98 ITR
Alexander
New ITRCA Member

Re: What are some cheap coilovers?

Post by Alexander »

Trey wrote: cheap and rael coilover don't go in a sentence together well unless the word not is with it.
Agreed.

..Alex
B2FiNiTY
ITRCA Member

Post by B2FiNiTY »

I wouldn't even bother buying cheap ones.
kabob
ITRCA Member

Post by kabob »

You'd do better spending the money on high quality springs and shocks than you would on cheap coilovers I have a friend that had Arospeed coilovers on his '98 GS-T temporarily and within a month or two his springs had sagged and leaned inward horribly and the rice bounce was enough to knock out teeth :?

My recommendation is a good set of JIC or Tein coilovers if you're still in the market. But they cost upwards of $1200.. yikes!