Questions on how to Boost???

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
CamaroKilla
New ITRCA Member

Questions on how to Boost???

Post by CamaroKilla »

Is it posible to run a DRAG Generation 3 turbo kit with out any hardcore upgrades? Is this kit a bolt on? Will I have to lower the compression ratio fo it 2 work. And how thick of a head gasket would i need if i want to run about 8-9 lbs of boost. Thanks alot!!!!!!!!!!
Rebecca
Jan Niemi
Senior ITRCA Member

drag

Post by Jan Niemi »

I would think twice before using drag's fuel system. If you aren't going to use a piggyback, or standalone for tuning, then an FMU is a safer bet. Drag uses additional injectors in the intake tube, it's really barbaric.
http://speedindustry.biz
for all of your tuning, parts, fabrication and other service needs.
ITR41
ITRCA Member

Re: drag

Post by ITR41 »

Jan Niemi wrote:I would think twice before using drag's fuel system. If you aren't going to use a piggyback, or standalone for tuning, then an FMU is a safer bet. Drag uses additional injectors in the intake tube, it's really barbaric.
exactly I wouldn't use a drag manifold either they suck straight up. as for the head gasket call inline pro they have run up to 22psi on stock internals with their head gasket and block gaurd.
98 ITR
14.108@98mph all motor
greddy custom turbo set up from hybridynamics, 450cc injectors, cartech FMU, missing link, AFC, 255lph pump, inline pro head gasket and block gaurd, profec-b.
13.0@109mph-street tires, stock exhaust, stock internals, pump gas, ac, ps
http://www.hybridynamics.com
soon to be GE 83MM sleeved block ready for 25psi and 11's?
CamaroKilla
New ITRCA Member

FMU??? sorry im dumb!!!

Post by CamaroKilla »

what is FMU? What kind of turbo set up would you suggest??? THANKS!!!!
Rebecca
98 Supercharged R
New ITRCA Member

Re: FMU??? sorry im dumb!!!

Post by 98 Supercharged R »

CamaroKilla wrote:what is FMU? What kind of turbo set up would you suggest??? THANKS!!!!
Fuel Management Unit

Vortech is what most use

In the new Honda Tunning mag a guy with a gsr using a type r head is using a T3/To4 60-1 from Innovative Turbo Systems and at 25psi is pulling 11s with full interior and 400whp.

oh yeah and Vortech is now being available for Rs!!
98 championship white type r
JR supercharged 8psi
ITR41
ITRCA Member

Re: FMU??? sorry im dumb!!!

Post by ITR41 »

98 Supercharged R wrote:
CamaroKilla wrote:what is FMU? What kind of turbo set up would you suggest??? THANKS!!!!
Fuel Management Unit

Vortech is what most use

In the new Honda Tunning mag a guy with a gsr using a type r head is using a T3/To4 60-1 from Innovative Turbo Systems and at 25psi is pulling 11s with full interior and 400whp.

oh yeah and Vortech is now being available for Rs!!
25psi and 400whp and only 11's isn't that good really....I like the cartech because you can adjust it without calibration discs
98 ITR
14.108@98mph all motor
greddy custom turbo set up from hybridynamics, 450cc injectors, cartech FMU, missing link, AFC, 255lph pump, inline pro head gasket and block gaurd, profec-b.
13.0@109mph-street tires, stock exhaust, stock internals, pump gas, ac, ps
http://www.hybridynamics.com
soon to be GE 83MM sleeved block ready for 25psi and 11's?
98 Supercharged R
New ITRCA Member

Post by 98 Supercharged R »

It was solid 11s with full interior and he said he was gonna tweak it some more and pull 10s
98 championship white type r
JR supercharged 8psi