clifford alarm system?

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
lil2curi0uz
New ITRCA Member

clifford alarm system?

Post by lil2curi0uz »

am a newbie at this. i recently bought a type-R. i was wondering wha a go0d alarm to get from clifford tha isnt so pricey? i know it shouldnt matter of the price when it comes to security but my insurance and car payments is pricey. tha's wha i get for livin in miami. i was lookin at the clifford matrix I alarm. let me know wha's up. thanks.

if you live in miami, let me know where's a go0d place to get it too?
itr_0846/2001/py
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

Viper 791 is One that I will be getting to replace my ageing Compustar...
swed
Azcheron
New ITRCA Member

Post by Azcheron »

i have a clifford matrix 3 and its awesome, get the back up battery and the hood sensor and window sensor and shit. cant go wrong with the clifford matrix 3, PLUS@!!! it has a carbon fiber keypad for the doors to match ur CF on the R....... LOL!!
lil2curi0uz
New ITRCA Member

Post by lil2curi0uz »

hehehe
yeah... i was lo0kin at the clifford matrix. jus decidin which one. thanks for the suggestions.
itr_0846/2001/py
ThisFlyGuy
New ITRCA Member

Post by ThisFlyGuy »

i have the clifford concept 600 G4 alarm.......i recommend that...
Bryce
New ITRCA Member

Post by Bryce »

How much will a Clifford system cost? I know there are many models and all but what is a general price range?
#1185 from 2000
ThisFlyGuy
New ITRCA Member

Post by ThisFlyGuy »

maybe $150-400....then you have to pay to get it installed....
01ITR1026
New ITRCA Member

Post by 01ITR1026 »

Intelliguard 750 or higher G5 is the best alarms for Clifford. Why because they have better features in protecting your car. All the Matrix series and Viper 2 way Responder Alarms are just entry level alarms.

http://www.clifford.com/g5/sec/default. ... liguard750

Martix alarms are easy to install and easy to bypass. The 750 has a starter and ignition kill. The intelliguard is a little more difficult to install and harder to find a place that will do it for you. There are many features to install for this system. The wireless immobilizer which can cut off your fuel line. Digital tilt sensor to detects even minor lifting or rolling of the vehicle ( in case someone tries to jack up the car.) The basic install cost about $450. The extra features vary between places but around 100 for each feature. If you want a good alarm get a Matrix, if you want a great one get the Intelliguard.

Hope this info helps everyone.
nightrider
New ITRCA Member

Re: clifford alarm system?

Post by nightrider »

i would say that all you need is a decent alarm with a back up battery, ignition kill, and fuel kill. everything else should just be layered security features. i mean, if someone really wants your car, they'll just steal it. :x
00-1526 FBP JDM front-end
510kut
New ITRCA Member

Post by 510kut »

Hey do you think the blackjax from clifford will work if I have a viper 791 too?
01ITR1026
New ITRCA Member

Blackjax on the Viper 791

Post by 01ITR1026 »

The blackjax doesnt work on the viper 791, I think you have to get any of the Clifford G5 to use it. Also I think the blackjax is a pain the butt. You have to punch in a code everytime you get in your car and when you open and close the door. Most guys get tired of it and uninstall it. So it's really up to you.
510kut
New ITRCA Member

Post by 510kut »

well it would only need to be punched in if the car is started right?
Neal
New ITRCA Member

Post by Neal »

I also have an itr in miami. I put in a clifford at cartronics. You can't be too careful with that car, it's in high demand. Entering the special code is no big deal, it becomes automatic. I only ever accidentially set it off when I'm getting gas and it auto-arms. the 4000 series has dual engine disablers in addition to the stock disabler. For the $400 the system cost (installed) I would expect it to have proximity, but you'll have to settle for a dual stage alarm but the best part is the remote is in matching carbon fiber to the dash.
Type-R 00-1353