Compression Test 220 across the board

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
blue-streak
New ITRCA Member

Compression Test 220 across the board

Post by blue-streak »

well i visited california this weekend and had to fly back but there is a deposit on the car and the seller went to go get it inspected for me and he told me that everything was fine, but the horn was disconnected because of the jdm conversion? (thats what he was saying) if this IS true could i able to connect it back?
he also said that they did a compression test and it read 220 220 220 220 is that about right on a stock itr?

edit: i also will be receiving the fax tomrrow
BudMan
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by BudMan »

I've never seen a car yet that read exactly the same compression in each cylinder. Someone makes a claim like that, I'd like to see them redo the test in front of me. **~220 is reasonable for a pressure**

just my .02.
nightrider
New ITRCA Member

Post by nightrider »

i don't see why you would post the exact same thread on here when you did on HT last night and got your answers. :roll: don't worry about the compression being the same in all cylinders because that's a positive thing. make sure to check over the inspection report because 220 all across the board is really good and you may be lied to. oh, and yes your horn can be hooked back up.
00-1526 FBP JDM front-end
George Knighton
ITRCA Member

Re: Compression Test 220 across the board

Post by George Knighton »

blue-streak wrote:he also said that they did a compression test and it read 220 220 220 220 is that about right on a stock itr?
That's excellent, if you can trust the tester. :) Not to make you paranoid, or anything. LOL...

How many miles on this car?
George Knighton
ITRCA Member

Post by George Knighton »

nightrider wrote:i don't see why you would post the exact same thread on here when you did on HT last night....
Maybe because a few people don't look there?
blue-streak
New ITRCA Member

Post by blue-streak »

well i saw george's farewell to h-t and id like to see his reply :P

car has 28k miles

and i was wrong about 220 on all it was 220 225 220 220

i just wanted to get much replys from peopel thats why i posted here and h-t
nightrider
New ITRCA Member

Post by nightrider »

blue-streak wrote:well i saw george's farewell to h-t and id like to see his reply :P

car has 28k miles

and i was wrong about 220 on all it was 220 225 220 220
well, i understand you wanting George's reply then. anyway, with your numbers, you're looking at a good motor. as long as there aren't big differences between the cylinders, you're in the clear. :D
00-1526 FBP JDM front-end
blue-streak
New ITRCA Member

Post by blue-streak »

from seattle? D:

should meet up sometime and have a photoshoot if i get that car ;)