uberdata question

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
nightrider
New ITRCA Member

uberdata question

Post by nightrider »

does anyone have any experience tuning their R's with uberdata? i asked a friend of mine in the area about hondata tuning and he mentioned a guy i met last week and how he is the major dealer/tuner of hondata in this area. anyway, he told me about uberdata and how it's basically and reprogrammable chip. he also told me i could take Hondata, Skunk 2, Mugen, etc maps, and burn them on the Uberdata chip and make changes. i do however have to switch to OBD1, but that isn't a problem. i am just wondering if anyone has heard of or had experience with uberdata. TIA!! :mrgreen:
00-1526 FBP JDM front-end
Erik B
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Erik B »

No I haven't. Sounds like a Hondata knock off (which I knew was just bound to happen) How much does this Uberdata cost?
2000 Turbo Integra Type R - 508whp/362lbs tq @ 21psi
2003 Imola/Imola NSX-T
http://www.jdmwhoreinc.com
nightrider
New ITRCA Member

Post by nightrider »

Erik B wrote:No I haven't. Sounds like a Hondata knock off (which I knew was just bound to happen) How much does this Uberdata cost?
well, you need to buy a obd2-obd1 harness and the uberdata is about 20-40. it basically is a hondata knockoff, but the thing is you can burn any map on the chip and change as necessary with dyno time. search HT and there is some good info, but none about the type R. well, does anyone here have any info on uberdata?

edit: here is some information about uberdata. :wink: http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=626171
ITR41
ITRCA Member

Post by ITR41 »

I would rather have a true hondata over the uberdata just for peace of mind
98 ITR
14.108@98mph all motor
greddy custom turbo set up from hybridynamics, 450cc injectors, cartech FMU, missing link, AFC, 255lph pump, inline pro head gasket and block gaurd, profec-b.
13.0@109mph-street tires, stock exhaust, stock internals, pump gas, ac, ps
http://www.hybridynamics.com
soon to be GE 83MM sleeved block ready for 25psi and 11's?
nightrider
New ITRCA Member

Post by nightrider »

ITR41 wrote:I would rather have a true hondata over the uberdata just for peace of mind
why? you'd be getting just as many functions as the hondata. maybe not for boost, but for other applications. also, you gain about the same amount of hp with tuning. or is it a bling thing to have hondata nowadays?
F0rsfed
ITRCA Member

Post by F0rsfed »

It's been dyno proven on ht that the hondata yields higher hp than uberdata. Plus hondata was here first, uberdata just used what hondata already has.
00' Turbo R<-----#167
All Stock B18c5
Full-Race t3/t67 powered

91' Civic 4dr
Beater

| Team RUSH | Vouches | Full-Race | Fast-Turbo | Crp Turbo |
nightrider
New ITRCA Member

Post by nightrider »

F0rsfed wrote:It's been dyno proven on ht that the hondata yields higher hp than uberdata. Plus hondata was here first, uberdata just used what hondata already has.
is it that much higher? i figure hondata would gain a little more hp, but for the cost of uberdata, it's a good started. esp with getting some good gains.
F0rsfed
ITRCA Member

Post by F0rsfed »

I think it was like 25-30hp. I'll try and find the post.
00' Turbo R<-----#167
All Stock B18c5
Full-Race t3/t67 powered

91' Civic 4dr
Beater

| Team RUSH | Vouches | Full-Race | Fast-Turbo | Crp Turbo |
DeadLock23
New ITRCA Member

uberdata

Post by DeadLock23 »

I think a lot of people are misunderstanding what uberdata really is

lets start with hondata first. Hondata is based on honda ECU code, and it uses the stock ECU but with modifications it can alter the stock maps and change them as needed for performance reasons. Hondata uses its own software which is ofcourse a lil more advanced because they have more funding.

uberdata is basically rip of the Hondata software and code. It alone is only software and its free. With the aid of a romulator, burner, wideband o2 sensor and some modding to the ECU one can add any fuel and ignition map and tune the car on the street or dyno.

and ofcourse uberdata supports boost. In functionality it is basically identical to Hondata, and I think the kid who created uderdata (Blake) is trying to code some on the fly capabilities into the software.

just because someone dynoed more with a hondata doesnt mean anything except that the tuner of the hondata knew what he was doing in comparison to the uderdata. They work the same, by manipulating the stock ECU code and adding additional maps.

for more info search in te archives on honda-tech.com
Haleiwa-Brando
New ITRCA Member

Post by Haleiwa-Brando »

David,

Call down to Intec in Kent and talk to them about tuning with Chrome. Uberdata is fine, but it's much harder to set the idle on it for some reason.