AEM Questions

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
Boosted R 25
New ITRCA Member

AEM Questions

Post by Boosted R 25 »

I have a Type R with a turbo and thats it, everything else is stock. I will be doing these mods shortly.

Thermal 3" Exhaust
High Flow Catalytic Converter
Custom 3" Downpipe
550cc Injectors
AEM EMS
STR Fuel Rail
Dyno Tuning
Greddy Profec Boost Controller
Having a High/Low Boost seting of 6 psi (daily driving) and 10 psi (race applications)

My tunner only uses AEM and is very good with it. I was just wondering if anyone on here has an AEM EMS with a turbo. I wanted to know if its possible to make it ride like a factory turbo car. Also, what do you guys know about the AEM system? (OTHER than its cost) Thanks.
'00 Turbo ITR #0654
DeadLock23
New ITRCA Member

tuning

Post by DeadLock23 »

check out some info on tuning on team-integra.net

read the basics it will help you understand what a standalone is for and how it works and why. Seems like you are just willing to get an AEM EMS cause your tuner says its good.

but it is one of the best out there right now, and it is a complete standalone replacement ECU for your car. Tuning depends on the tuner and the time he spends with the car in the dyno, but getting it to run like a stock torboed car isnt complicated at all, most tuners will be able to do so.

getting the most power while no sacrifcing reliability is another story.

what is your fuel management right now? SAFC hack?
B18C5-T
New ITRCA Member

Post by B18C5-T »

fuel rail...its useless :wink:

Boost controler....Ems has one and you can set the low/hi switch

Im running about 480whp now the only differences i have compare to a factory turbo is my idle (1300rpm) but i have 1000cc injectors , its hard to get a smooth idle with thoses :wink:

and the clutch keep my leg in shape... :D

You better start looking for a clutch too , cause a R clutch won't last to long :)

And like Deadlock23 said The EMS is one or the hottest Standalone so far :)