Keeping that annoying antenna down

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
40calpal
New ITRCA Member

Keeping that annoying antenna down

Post by 40calpal »

I remember on the old ITRCA there was a small section in the do-it-yourself section how to create a toggle switch to keep u'r antenna down even when u have u'r music on but i can't find it anymore. I usually just listen to a cd and never want my antenna up, (i'm just paranoid i guess). Is there any simple way to do this?

Also my friend has a pretty decent saturn and he has a small probably 6 inch coil type antenna he bought from Radio Shack and lucking it fit in screwed in nicely for him and works. Are there any types that will fit into an Integra or those made of something like rubber? Thanks
Sure a plane is fast but you can't chirp second in a plane!
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

If I remember right the blue wire that comes out of the back of the radio, if you put a simple swtich on it it will provide you a way to turn it on/off.
swed
ITR640
ITRCA Member

Post by ITR640 »

I've heard that s2k antennas work on type r's i've never tried but thats away to keep the antenna down. Plus you could shave some weight by taking out the motor.
CanadianR
New ITRCA Member

Post by CanadianR »

Ah , yes, power antenna override switch. I did that last summer because having that stupid ass antenna sticking up all the time was driving me nuts. If you visit TeamIntegra.net there's a how-to on it there.http://www.team-integra.net/sections/ar ... ticleID=74. Or if you don't frequent that site i'll tell you it's the yellow wire with green stripe on it coming from the back of the head unit that you cut and splice an On/Off switch inline. I mounted my switch in the back of the little cubby-hole beneath the CD player so it isn't visible and is easily accessed. Hope that helps. If you wanna go with the S2000 antenna there is also an article on that on Team Integra as well, but it is more work, and i'd say to just do the override switch.
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

Opps I was thinking about my radio which is not stock... :P

That link is just right :D
swed
nightrider
New ITRCA Member

Post by nightrider »

bbasso wrote:Opps I was thinking about my radio which is not stock... :P

That link is just right :D
i did the antenna switch this weekend and didn't realize i was using directions with the stock cd player so i spliced into the yellow with green stripe behind the dash and it didn't do anything!! i felt stupid and realized i could have just looked into my instruction manual of my cd player and look to see which wire is the antenna power lead. if you have a stock cd player, use the DIY page from integra-net. if not, look in your instruction manual. :D
00-1526 FBP JDM front-end
TurboR1391
New ITRCA Member

Post by TurboR1391 »

Yeah that is the one thing I hate about my ITR. That's why I'm glad I bought an aftermarket radio because the antenna stays down unless I am jamming normal stations.
2000 DC2R #`1391 (boosted)

1995 EJ1 B18C1 (Beater)
tko21
New ITRCA Member

s2k antenna

Post by tko21 »

just fyi for other people considering changing to s2k antenna, i have it on my car but if you listen to radio a lot, the reception isn't too great. i still like it and it looks nice.
Type R 98
ITRCA Member

Post by Type R 98 »

ahaha i hated that shitty antenna too, the car is so aerodynamic, and that fuckin anthenna was so NOT!! so i put a penny into it when repainting my CW R and put a small one on top that i could unscrew, its amplified, has no motor, saves weight and doesnt show at all! Dont have pics but will show some when its out of storage;)
All Motor Championship white Mugen exterior ITR 1998 #870
R1366
ITRCA Member

Post by R1366 »

aahhh ok guess I'll try that out this weekend

the antenna is so annoying
Azcheron
New ITRCA Member

Post by Azcheron »

if u put in an Aftermarket deck, the antenna only comes up with the radio, will stay down when the CD is being used, i have an Alpine
sparco_typer
New ITRCA Member

Post by sparco_typer »

same with me