super glue

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
40calpal
New ITRCA Member

super glue

Post by 40calpal »

how do i remove super glue from the ouside body on my car?
Sure a plane is fast but you can't chirp second in a plane!
jdm cw type r
ITRCA Member

Post by jdm cw type r »

3m adhesive remover or a heat gun.
Yes it's a real type r!!!
ITR#974
New ITRCA Member

Post by ITR#974 »

I guess it would depend on how thick it is. When I was younger I was messing with super glue and got my fingers stuck together. My mom came wiht some finger nail polish remover. Made me soak my fingers in there for about 20 seconds then started rubbing them till they were apart and the super glue was gone. This might work the same depending on how long it has been on the car.
mythias
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by mythias »

Nail polish remover will also remove the paint... kinda like how it removes nail polish. :)
40calpal
New ITRCA Member

Post by 40calpal »

i'm going to try baking soda and a vinegar solution which i've tried previously to remove sap off my hood and seemed to work fine.
ProJEK
New ITRCA Member

1st Post Yay! I'll Look Back And Laugh One Day....

Post by ProJEK »

You should just coat the rest of the car with glue so that it blends in. :idea: It'll give it a glossy/shiny look.

1. Sap
2. Super Glue
See the pattern... What's Next? :oops:
Ford Prefect
ITRCA Member

Post by Ford Prefect »

40calpal wrote:i'm going to try baking soda and a vinegar solution which i've tried previously to remove sap off my hood and seemed to work fine.
Somehow I doubt that will work very well with super glue.

Are you sure the sap wasn't behind the wheel? :roll:
'97 ITR #90 - Stock - 1st owner
'03 CL Type-S - 6spd
ITR Militia Member #2
270+lb ITR CLUB We fall in, and crawl out
mythias
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by mythias »

Im really not sure how any method may work... superglue itself contains chemicals that will disovle paint.. such as acetone. When those chemicals evaporate, the glue isw dried... but the while it was wet, the glue could have penetrated the paint, so any form of removal may remove the paint as well. I would suggest being very careful with any method because it may result in repainting the entire panel its on. Perhaphs a wetsand.

-Mythias
40calpal
New ITRCA Member

Post by 40calpal »

Ford Prefect wrote:
40calpal wrote:i'm going to try baking soda and a vinegar solution which i've tried previously to remove sap off my hood and seemed to work fine.
Somehow I doubt that will work very well with super glue.

Are you sure the sap wasn't behind the wheel? :roll:
Nice, Ford we all see u know how to quote people, how about it actually giving helpful input instead of harassing them :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
40calpal
New ITRCA Member

Post by 40calpal »

Anyway, the guy at autozone told me the only thing that would work good was nail polish remover but that it would probably take the paint off as well unless i'm careful so when i take the car to be serviced this week i'll see if there's anything they can do
40calpal
New ITRCA Member

Post by 40calpal »

Oh just FYI, the glue did come off with some dabs of nail polish remover, i rubbed it off with cotton balls :lol: . Only one streak didn't come off with the polish but being as the car is going to the dealer tomorrow i'll ask them to take it off