Making my ITR a reliable 13.0 second car...

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
Azcheron
New ITRCA Member

Making my ITR a reliable 13.0 second car...

Post by Azcheron »

i dont plan on doing this anytime soon... but...

what could i do to my R to make it run a 13 second FLAT in the 1/4 that wont require too much constant repair work or tuning and what not. Is there anything i could do to be able to run 13's without much of any problem? If this means replacing all kinds of shit, just let me know. Im debating on whether this car will stay stock or not. If i start to mod it, im not going to be happy until im running 12.9-13.1 's

please give good feedback

mods, pricing, all kinds of stuff, thanks
Champ R
ITRCA Member

Post by Champ R »

Getting an R into that kinda range requires significant modifications. If you are really hardcore about doing this, id first strip the interior and try to do as much weight savings as possible. Normal street tires arent going to cut it on the strip, so you would need drag radials or slicks at best. Turbo would be the best option if you want the most speed, an all motor setup would need a lot of modification and probably end up costing the most too. Its not the best car for drag applications, so id really think this over if you want to go through all the $$ and time involved.
CW 98 #805
Justin Klemgold
ITRCA Member

Post by Justin Klemgold »

Mild cams like Toda A's....a 2.5" exhaust system, preferably Hytech or SMSP. Hondata and lots of tuning. You may be able to get to 13 flat with drag radials. I know people in the mid 13s with just the icebox and hytech setup so you're not that far off.
Azcheron
New ITRCA Member

Post by Azcheron »

champ r.... im not making the car a drag car....i want to be able to run a 13 flat with my Azenis and no weight reduction to interior. I will probably autocross with this car, but i want it to be able to run 13 second 1/4 times, not for drag purposes but for fun and autocross. Im not a big drag freak, real racing has turns, i just want to be able to BLAST down the straights and blast out of all the turns....any more opinions anyone?
.RJ
New ITRCA Member

Post by .RJ »

Why do you want a 13 second car?

Can you really feel the difference between 13.0 and 13.5? You can be in the high 13's with bolt-ons.
TheSnake
New ITRCA Member

Post by TheSnake »

.RJ wrote:Why do you want a 13 second car?

Can you really feel the difference between 13.0 and 13.5?
i would assume you could.
Old:2002 Acura RSX type S
1/4=14.408
New:2001 Acura Integra Type R
http://www.badog.com <---sweet car vids
Type R 98
ITRCA Member

Post by Type R 98 »

Well trade it In for a mustantg cobra then!
All Motor Championship white Mugen exterior ITR 1998 #870
.RJ
New ITRCA Member

Post by .RJ »

TheSnake wrote:i would assume you could.
On the street? At an autocross?
George Knighton
ITRCA Member

Post by George Knighton »

Justin Klemgold wrote:Mild cams like Toda A's....a 2.5" exhaust system, preferably Hytech or SMSP. Hondata and lots of tuning. You may be able to get to 13 flat with drag radials. I know people in the mid 13s with just the icebox and hytech setup so you're not that far off.

8)
Justin Klemgold
ITRCA Member

I'm sorry George, but I'm not really familiar with your setup as I have never had a lot of interest in Honda-tech....are you running the Toda A's? I do know that you are running SMSP's setup, but that's all I know.

You have a very very very nice torque curve....extremely nice. I'm sure if you sacrificed some of that, you could easily get over 200 whp, not that you'd want to. I commend you for such a nice setup. 8)
George Knighton
ITRCA Member

Justin Klemgold wrote:I'm sorry George, but I'm not really familiar with your setup as I have never had a lot of interest in Honda-tech....are you running the Toda A's? I do know that you are running SMSP's setup, but that's all I know.
It's an example of what can be done with Hondata and without cams. :shock:
Justin Klemgold
ITRCA Member

George Knighton wrote:
Justin Klemgold wrote:I'm sorry George, but I'm not really familiar with your setup as I have never had a lot of interest in Honda-tech....are you running the Toda A's? I do know that you are running SMSP's setup, but that's all I know.
I agree totally...I never said you needed mild cams....they're just a bit of of upgrade from the ITR cams.

Like I said, I know of someone with the Hytech system, Comptech intake, and tuned on a VAFC and he put down 188 whp with a very nice torque curve like yours. He ran mid 13s with that setup.

Have you gone to the track with your car? I bet you're awfully close.
George Knighton
ITRCA Member

Justin Klemgold wrote:Have you gone to the track with your car? I bet you're awfully close.
I'd be happy to let somebody test it who knows what he's doing (Steve Sakai?).

The car goes to NASA events on road courses, but not the drag strip. :)
mstewar
New ITRCA Member

Post by mstewar »

George Knighton wrote:
Justin Klemgold wrote:Have you gone to the track with your car? I bet you're awfully close.
I'd be happy to let somebody test it who knows what he's doing (Steve Sakai?).

let smitdog drive it.. :)
1998 CW ITR #0055
George Knighton
ITRCA Member

mstewar wrote:
George Knighton wrote: I'd be happy to let somebody test it who knows what he's doing (Steve Sakai?).

let smitdog drive it.. :)

Note operative phrase emboldened, above.
.RJ
New ITRCA Member

Post by .RJ »

Smitdog is master dragger ;)
George Knighton
ITRCA Member

.RJ wrote:Smitdog is master dragger ;)
:shock:
fransR
New ITRCA Member

Mid 13's with just intake and VAFC?

Post by fransR »

Justin Klemgold wrote:
George Knighton wrote:
I agree totally...I never said you needed mild cams....they're just a bit of of upgrade from the ITR cams.

Like I said, I know of someone with the Hytech system, Comptech intake, and tuned on a VAFC and he put down 188 whp with a very nice torque curve like yours. He ran mid 13s with that setup.

Have you gone to the track with your car? I bet you're awfully close.
2000 Integra type R
2003 350Z sold
2002 S2000 supercharged sold
1990 300ZTT sold