New to Board/Looking for Good Mechanic

Discuss national (except for the ITR Expo), regional and local events and meets here.
Fangio
New ITRCA Member

New to Board/Looking for Good Mechanic

Post by Fangio »

Hello, everyone! This is my first post.

I joined this board becasue I am soon going to be in the market for an itr. It will be a (sorta) replacement for my beloved 1989 M3, which I wrecked. While I loved my M3, I need something that is a little newer and more reliable.

I live in Southern Maryland not far from Upper Marlboro. I am 30 miles from D.C. and 40 miles from Baltimore. Can anyone recommend a good itr mechanic near me for pre-purchase inspections?

Thanks!

--Fangio
B( * Y * )BIES
New ITRCA Member

Post by B( * Y * )BIES »

I'm not sure if he will do pre-purchase inspections... but a very good Go-to guy would probably be Steven Sakai in the Fredricksburg, Va area.

His website is under construction. Here's his contact info:

Phone: 571.238.7607
Fax: 540.659.3680
Email: steve@sgt-racing.com
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Let's see what other have to suggest...

* sorry to hear about your wrecked M3 *
ITR41
ITRCA Member

Post by ITR41 »

not really pre-purchase but inline pro in springfield are great with hondas and in your area them and steve are probably the best
98 ITR
14.108@98mph all motor
greddy custom turbo set up from hybridynamics, 450cc injectors, cartech FMU, missing link, AFC, 255lph pump, inline pro head gasket and block gaurd, profec-b.
13.0@109mph-street tires, stock exhaust, stock internals, pump gas, ac, ps
http://www.hybridynamics.com
soon to be GE 83MM sleeved block ready for 25psi and 11's?
mstewar
New ITRCA Member

Post by mstewar »

Ben Schaeffer of GTR Motorsports/Schaeffer's Import Auto Care

he's in Woodbine, MD

301-854-6252 if you want to give him a call.. let him know I sent you over there(I'm Mark, btw hehe)..
1998 CW ITR #0055
tekkyDC2R
New ITRCA Member

Post by tekkyDC2R »

haha you know ben schaeffer?! he was my old mechanic. if you get the chance to talk to him ask if he remembers a guy named ron who had a white JRSCed prelude he worked on. i wasn't satisfied with ALL of his work, and it was pretty exspensive. but he has won 3 SCCA championships in the past. so he must be doing something right.