People who bring shame upon the Integra Type R

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
Importfreak02
New ITRCA Member

People who bring shame upon the Integra Type R

Post by Importfreak02 »

I personally love imports, especially acuras. The majority of acura owners I know are awesome people!!! However the following story show's the darker side.
Unfortunately today somthing terrible happened, I had a Black 2001 Integra Type R w/13,700 miles, lined up for purchase. The owner said that there was nothing wrong w/the car. The only thing he disclosed was that the front end was replaced with JDM b/c of the original ten day owner hitting a curb and messing up the original. This part didn't bother me. So to be safe I had it checked out by an Acura dealership. This was all done at great effort and expense on my part, because I am in Missouri and the car was in California. My grandfather thankfully lives in L.A. where the car is and he arranged for the mechanic to look at it. Long story short when the car was checked out, it turned out to not have a passenger airbag, because the orginal owner hit the curb and deployed it, the rear view mirror was missing, and the a.c. needs $2,500 worth of work. To top it all of the valve cover had been salvaged from a junkyard. The mechanic also said that their were random nuts and bolts missing. Another random fact was that the door handels were off a 4 door model. The purchase price of this car would have been reasonable if these things had not been wrong with it. The fact that the person didn't disclose these things also makes me rather angry. I can't believe someone would do somthing like this.

Because of this, I am on the lookout for a 2001 white or black Type R w/under 20,000 miles. Any info would be appreciated. E-mail me at importfreak02@hotmail.com
Seller screwd me out of rollin a 2001 FBP Type R with jdm/front end conversion kit
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Aj »

I have some friends locally selling their ITR's, both of which are black, both of which have been babied, and to say the least very well taken care of. I think both of them are listed on the ITRCA Classifieds, on is DarkNightITR, and I think the other is like InsidiousITR or something like that, both of the guys live in Florida, one in miami, and the other in coral springs.

The one in coral springs is asking way way way way too much money for his, because he had the head fully built by John Brown, who is a local Honda builder, who at a time, had a good reputation. I think last I checked he wanted like $25K, but after talking to him, he's pretty realistic, and just tossed it out there to see if any one would pay that, in any case, the other down in miami is just looking to get lower payments, he wants like a 97-98, so this way it'll be payed off. He's a lot more realistic, I think he wasn't like 18-19 for his, it's pretty much stock, or at least last I checked.

Any way, good luck on your search, just remember, when it comes to a very large investment, never take any ones word for it, always get it checked out, and make sure you take it to an Acura dealer they're not familiar with.

Later....
Importfreak02
New ITRCA Member

Post by Importfreak02 »

Hey thanks for the info, however I am having trouble locating those two posts. If you know their e-mail addresses, i would appreciate them, as I am looking to buy very very soon. If you would also, give my e-mail address to them importfreak02@hotmail.com i would appreciate it, thanks so much!!!
Seller screwd me out of rollin a 2001 FBP Type R with jdm/front end conversion kit
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Aj »

Honestly, I don't know either of their email addresses, but I'm sure that their posts are on the classifieds section.

Good luck, later......
Aj
Trey
Site Admin

Post by Trey »

FYI and if anyone else is interested, using 4 door handles is a security feature. Takes away the keyhole on the door lock.

Sorry about the d00d. Good luck finidng an R. plenty posted here and on Honda-Tech.
pUrExTc
ITRCA Member

Post by pUrExTc »

A lot of used ITR's are salvaged, and have miscellaneous problems. They're salvaged because people like to steal them; and then they're recovered, and "restored." Anyway, there's other ways to bring shame onto the Type-R badge that we have all come to know and love.

1. "Fake" Type R's (Integra's, Civic's, and Accord's (I've even seen a "Mustang Type-R"). (worst example that I ever saw was this (silver) Civic Hatchback, with a large, all white Civic Type R sticker on the back window, and smaller ones on the side windows, and a large one that just said TYPE R on the top of the front window).
2. Type-R's that have been stolen, and then "restored."
3. People who don't know what a real Type-R is, and think yours is fake (this guy asked me, "what do you have under your hood, a Type-R motor?" I said, "well, yeah, it's a Type-R." And he said, "no it's not, how come the steering wheel is on the left hand side?" I told him, "because I bought it in the US, you can tell it's a Type-R from the five lugs in the rims, championship white color, seats, badge between the driver and passenger seats, front spoiler..." then he's just like, "yeah, whatever, it's a good "fake" though."
4. Haters like the guy mentioned above (or maybe he's just stupid?).
5. Haters who like to key your car, steal your emblems, or spoiler.

I'm sure I've left off other ways to disgrace your Type-R (such as putting APC stickers on it) or something, but you get my point.
'98 Acura Integra Type-R
'03 Honda CBR600RR
Surgeon General's Warning: It's OK to Smoke V8's
itr
ITRCA Member

Post by itr »

i saw that type r on ebay
paul98itr
ITRCA Member

Post by paul98itr »

Apc stickers or like the one in madison. A py 2001 with a huge injen sticker diagonally across the hood. O ya gold wipers and a lot of other rice.
Sold 98 ITR #0195
Now own slow 4L 99 Jeep Grand Cheerokee Ltd.
Will have another ITR (if some one will buy my Jeep)
Importfreak02
New ITRCA Member

Post by Importfreak02 »

itr Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 5:07 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i saw that type r on ebay

Ya you definitly did. Good eye.
paul98itr
ITRCA Member

Post by paul98itr »

:?
Last edited by paul98itr on January 12th, 2003, 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sold 98 ITR #0195
Now own slow 4L 99 Jeep Grand Cheerokee Ltd.
Will have another ITR (if some one will buy my Jeep)
Airbag
New ITRCA Member

Post by Airbag »

I had an idiot claiming he had a 94 type r..on top of it he said it was black........people just don't understand
pUrExTc
ITRCA Member

Post by pUrExTc »

"Fakest" Type R, ever.
http://www.speedoptions.com/profiles/dr ... p?id=30790
how many errors, can you find?
'98 Acura Integra Type-R
'03 Honda CBR600RR
Surgeon General's Warning: It's OK to Smoke V8's
Importfreak02
New ITRCA Member

Post by Importfreak02 »

well let's see the two most obvious are inline six cylinder and a six speed gear box. After that i got angry and left.
Trey
Site Admin

Post by Trey »

1996 Model year.
Importfreak02
New ITRCA Member

Post by Importfreak02 »

good call