1st track event with the R (BIR) GOD I LOVE THIS CAR!

Discuss national (except for the ITR Expo), regional and local events and meets here.
Mist sITR
New ITRCA Member

1st track event with the R (BIR) GOD I LOVE THIS CAR!

Post by Mist sITR »

finely got the R to the track last week and it totally blew my mind. I've tracked my old Civ but there was no comparison what so ever!

me and a friend (bill, AKA nightminx) decided to attend BIR (brainerd international raceway) with the Minnesota corvette club. having never driven this track we were assigned with the rest of the "noobies" to the novice group where we were given a rundown and several training laps and then set on our way :thumbup:

when we arrived we were in awe of the cars there. we were BY FAR the most underpowered car there. (except for a stock passat) after several laps i think bill and i impressed everyone. we were both rolling most of the cars in our group that consisted of 5 or 6 vets, an extremely modded evo, an RX7 and several others i can't think of off the top of my head.

it was a BLAST and and i plan on getting back as soon as i get new tires :thumbup:

hotel the night before
waitin to begin
wow do i feel outmatched
some on track pics
THIS THING WAS SCARY!
viper
the reason i need new tires
(end of the day)

pic of the track (longest strait in the US! i believe)

comments and questions welcome :thumbup:
we also got some in/out of car video but i don't have it, I'll see if i can get bill (nightminx) to post it for all our enjoyment :P
BudMan
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by BudMan »

Welcome to the world of "roll'n the big boys"...

btw - your tires are fine. That chunk looks like rubber from R compounds that are stuck to your tread rather than your tires chunking.

I'm not a great driver, but I always run in the advanced groups (1 step below instructor's group) with the porsche, corvette & audi clubs - and finish in top 3-5 if not the quickest.

:lol: :lol: Nice job :D
kruthles
New ITRCA Member

Post by kruthles »

That tire looks a little scary on the inside there.

Man I wish I knew this was going down I would have loved to attend this with you guys.

I worked with a lady who used to run cars on that track.

she said she would come down the straight full speed and keep it down all the way through turn 1, :shock:

Please shoot me a PM next time your going to head up there :D
Mist sITR
New ITRCA Member

Post by Mist sITR »

kruthles wrote:That tire looks a little scary on the inside there.

Man I wish I knew this was going down I would have loved to attend this with you guys.

I worked with a lady who used to run cars on that track.

she said she would come down the straight full speed and keep it down all the way through turn 1, :shock:

Please shoot me a PM next time your going to head up there :D
yup i was taking turn 1 at about 125-130 and exiting at about 135. turn 2 is a 110+MPH turn too. it was some fun stuff :D