integra type r theft in socal

Discuss national (except for the ITR Expo), regional and local events and meets here.
sgtng
New ITRCA Member

integra type r theft in socal

Post by sgtng »

hey guys, i'm new to this forum. since everyone here pretty much owns or knows a lot about the integra type r, i think it would be best for me to come here for some info. how often do you hear of type r's being stolen here in socal? i'm thinking about getting a type r soon, but i'm a little hesitant now that theft has crossed my mind. please, if you know that theft is something i should REALLY worry about, let me know. thanks a lot.
kepani
New ITRCA Member

Post by kepani »

sgtng, if you are thinking of getting an itr in socal, be sure to ask yourself some of these questions.

-do you have a garage?
-do you drive and park in public areas daily?

if you answer yes to a garage and no to daily public parking, you'll be on the safe side. if no to a garage or yes to daily public parking, i would be hesitant on getting one.

as long as you are careful, you should be fine. especially if you have a daily driver. good luck making your decision.

kepani-who hasn't posted here in some time now.
B2FiNiTY
ITRCA Member

Post by B2FiNiTY »

I have to agree with kepani. Everything above is true and are the biggest factors in owning an ITR.
jdmredline
New ITRCA Member

Post by jdmredline »

when i lived in an apartment my GS was stolen, now i moved into a house and keep the ITR in the garage, so yeah the garage is really important, and if u have to leave the car in public for a long time get a VERY GOOD alarm or a kill switch.
Bombayite
New ITRCA Member

ITR theft in SoCal

Post by Bombayite »

I sold my PY ITR last year when I could not garage it anymore. Since I miss the car so much, I am currently looking at buying 98 CW or a 00 NH and debadging it to attract less attention, adding a kill swtich and good alarm goes in without question. I do have a safe place to park at work. Does the debadging and the rest reduce the odds of theft?

What do you guys think?
chaz572
New ITRCA Member

Buy a car cover

Post by chaz572 »

Buy a really good car cover designed for outdoor use and USE IT! Every time you park it anywhere that's not in your garage, put the cover on. I don't care if it's a 15-minute trip into the grocery store for two items. If they can't see what it is, they don't know they want to steal it.
1998 USDM CW #269 -- SCCA Solo D-Stock scalpel
Daily driver: 1986 InteCRiX -- half the guts of an '89 Integra stuffed into an '86 CRX Si