Black smoke!

Discuss national (except for the ITR Expo), regional and local events and meets here.
Heps
New ITRCA Member

Black smoke!

Post by Heps »

I just bought my ITR a couple weeks ago, and not even the 2nd day i had it, it started to puff black smoke like a diesel after about 4500 leaving a black coating on my back bumper, not even at vtec yet. Some guys ive talked to say it might be my rings, but i surely hope not, do you guys have any ideas on this?
ITR # 381
RDL_Type r
New ITRCA Member

Post by RDL_Type r »

Black smoke is fuel and not oil.
It seems like it is running too rich.
Does your check engine is on?
Integra Type R 1999 #256
Civic HB (winter)
http://public.fotki.com/morgie/qsr/drag ... ue-99.html

''If driving a Type R doesn't make the petroleum in your blood boil, you should collect your pushrods and go home.'' --Dave Coleman
Heps
New ITRCA Member

Post by Heps »

No my check engine light doesnt come on, do you have any solutions for this? i have ran out of ideas.
ITR # 381
BLAAK
ITRCA Member

Post by BLAAK »

I hope you're running on high octane gase (94 and up) at least. Check your sparks plugs.

The conditions of your plugs will give you a direction what is the problem. I believe (correct me if I'm wrong):

Black susbstance = too rich
White substance = too lean
Heps
New ITRCA Member

Post by Heps »

Ugh well new problem, this black smoke has turned into blue smoke, but the smoke only really starts puffin hard right b4 vtec and there on, and its a really heavy stream. I got a compression test done and all cylinders were at 220 PSI, I was thinkin it could be rings but it doesnt smoke untill mid Rpm, and the compression is still up, some help plz! all out of ideas.
ITR # 381
marcuz
New ITRCA Member

Post by marcuz »

go back to who ever sold u that and smake him .....
Marcuz