Thoughts after driving a Civic equipped Körbach FRAME LOCKS

Discuss national (except for the ITR Expo), regional and local events and meets here.
Zorro
New ITRCA Member

Thoughts after driving a Civic equipped Körbach FRAME LOCKS

Post by Zorro »

During the ITR EXPO I was given the chance to evaluate the frame locks on a Civic in a mini autocross. (Thanks Brandon for letting us use your car) I was pretty skeptical that a couple pieces of metal bolted to the bumper could make a noticeable difference. After the drive I was surprised on how much it improved the Civic turn in capability. The car felt much more responsive. The difference felt like I was running sloppy all season tires compared to track tires with a stiff side wall. Another key point about this product is that it does not weight much and is easy to install. Over the last couple of years I have been instructing at different track and teaching student proper driving techniques. One of the skills I work on with my students is hitting your turn in point, apex and track out point. Having a car that is more precise will only help. My biggest question is will the frame locks help my ITR get around the track faster? I don’t know because they have not released frame lock for the DC2 yet, but if can shave off a half second a lap then it is worth the investment. I plan to be buying this product when it released for the DC2.

Mark (Black ITR with mugen wing)
Last edited by Zorro on June 15th, 2005, 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

Interesting to hear.

If the price for the DC2 is reasonable I'll be buying a set.
swed
BudMan
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by BudMan »

Mark -

Thanks for writing about your impressions. FWIW - it was Brandon Nutting's blue civic SI that we were testing with.

BudMan (the wrenching master!) who was enabling/disabling the system during testing. :D