tein coilovers. from a 00 si to 00 r same thing?

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
00civicsiturbo7psi
New ITRCA Member

tein coilovers. from a 00 si to 00 r same thing?

Post by 00civicsiturbo7psi »

well my question is will tein coilovers that came off a 00 civic si work for a 00 integra type r?

and those with tein coilovers how is the ride compared to stock on a type r.

i know stock suspension is great but i can get these coilovers off a friend pretty cheap. thanks
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Aj »

They won't fit, I think actually the fronts might, but I know that the backs have different control arms and different trailing arms, so they more then likely would either have to modified, or I think the other thing you can do, is get the JDM rear control arms from the Jap spec ITR, I think then they may fit, but not sure.

Either way, try calling like inlinefour.com or one of those guys, I'm sure they'll have some clue.

Good luck.

Aj
Trey
Site Admin

Post by Trey »

Actually the LCA's from an EK to a DC2 are very different from my understanding. Just won't work.
kabob
ITRCA Member

Post by kabob »

You shouldn't put coilovers or springs/shocks from one car into a different car. Coilovers, etc., are designed with different damping rates, springs rate, etc. for the specific car they were manufactured for.