6'5" here... will I fit?

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
prez1967
New ITRCA Member

6'5" here... will I fit?

Post by prez1967 »

Hey everyone,
I've been toying with the idea long enough and now i'm getting ready to start the search... the only problem is that I think I may be too big :(...

Would I fit? Any modifications I can do to the seat rails or anything to make more room?

Also what were the years of the White cars? 97-98? or was 99 in there too? What is the going rate for these cars? Are higher mileage vehicles a "no-no"? Looking forward to joining the family (if I fit that is).
paul98itr
ITRCA Member

Post by paul98itr »

Find a regular integra(manual) and see if you will fit. It is same as the r if you can't find one of those. I have a friend that is 6'6" and he barelly fit. He had the seat all the way back and reclined like a mo' fo'! See if you will be comfortable. White came in 97 98 and in canada 99. Good luck
Sold 98 ITR #0195
Now own slow 4L 99 Jeep Grand Cheerokee Ltd.
Will have another ITR (if some one will buy my Jeep)
joe s
ITRCA Member

Post by joe s »

Nice thing about fitting the R is the fact it has no sunroof, therefore more headroom compared to Integra with sunroof. My buddy is 6'4" and stocky, and fits in my '98 without problem. Good luck; take your time looking, and don't be afraid to pay a little more for a nicer, well kept car.
Smitdog
New ITRCA Member

Post by Smitdog »

6'4 here and in Recaro's and no problem. More room in the R then my 5th Gen Lude. :)
CW ITR #0120
NASA Mid-Alantic H2 ITR #120
99 Dodge Ram Diesel
24' Bri-Mar Car Hauler
pUrExTc
ITRCA Member

Re: 6'5" here... will I fit?

Post by pUrExTc »

prez1967 wrote:
Also what were the years of the White cars? 97-98? or was 99 in there too? What is the going rate for these cars? Are higher mileage vehicles a "no-no"? Looking forward to joining the family (if I fit that is).
I got my '98 Championship White ITR #0234 October; 2 years ago. It had approx. 24,000 mi. on it, and had a salvaged title (salvaged, because it was stolen, but the po's got to it before anything was stolen out of it, however it had a cracked tranny housing, so I replaced it with a GS-R tranny housing), but other than that it's just fine. I purchased it for $16,900 (which everyone tells me is a steal).
I've always heard, that a good car will last you around 200,000 mi. so you can base your mileage values in a vehicle around that, if you think that quote is valid.
'98 Acura Integra Type-R
'03 Honda CBR600RR
Surgeon General's Warning: It's OK to Smoke V8's
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

My dad is also 6'5 and fits fine. He was actually kinda shocked, the only thing he found that when he gets in or out he has trouble cause he so low to the floor.
swed
yoshi234
New ITRCA Member

Post by yoshi234 »

funny j00 should mention height. Former owner Kelly is 6'6"

the guy who made this pic was a little off, but you get the idea :p
quikRthanU
New ITRCA Member

Post by quikRthanU »

iam 6'2 and i fit in there....its not the most roomy position but it works with the seat all the way back.
good luck your pretty damn tall!
88 5.0 stanger
ill eat you all alive, and sound better
prez1967
New ITRCA Member

Post by prez1967 »

thanks for all the replies guys... I figured that with the recaros and fixing the seat to my desired position (getting rid of the rails) i'd make some room in there for me... I just hope I have room for my helmet.

I talked to my dealer (just for shits and giggles) and they said that they would look around for me, i'm sure i'll just end up driving up North and picking one up. I see alot of them in the NYC/ CT region for some reason going for about 16-18 with about 40,000 miles.

I have never been so pumped in my life. Hopefully I can roll up to the Type R Expo with my champ.... Who would have guessed they are holding the expo on my birthday, what luck!