Allignment?? Camber kit??

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
q7suited
New ITRCA Member

Allignment?? Camber kit??

Post by q7suited »

I have a 2000 ITR, with H&R sport springs. I believ it is lowered 1.5 in the front and 1.3 in the rear??

Will I need a camber kit, or will a good allignment, help balance everything out??
newjersey_itR
New ITRCA Member

Post by newjersey_itR »

hey, i have skunk 2 springs on my itR and its dropped pretty low, i'm about to switch to eibach sport springs and a sprint camber kit. my front tires get uneven wear. when i tried to get my alignment the guy said my front tires were shaped like footballs..
George Knighton
ITRCA Member

Re: Allignment?? Camber kit??

Post by George Knighton »

q7suited wrote: Will I need a camber kit, or will a good allignment, help balance everything out??
You do not need a camber kit, necessarily, to prevent abnormal tyre wear and to get a good alignment.

Do you know your camber front and rear now?

I do not have a camber kit, and my car was lowered so that (with me in the car) it has -2.5 degrees in the front and -1.6 in the rear.

With our cars, if you have too much camber in the rear you can just raise it up a little. You do want more camber in the front than the rear.

The most important thing is to go to a good alignment shop where they won't freak out when you mention that the car has been lowered and when you use phrases like "total thrust angle" and "competition alignment." :)
BudMan
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by BudMan »

George is right - definately do your homework & find a shop that understands why you would bring your own specs (not factory) and keep going to that shop. Build a relationship!

BudMan