Shocks?? Which ones??

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
q7suited
New ITRCA Member

Shocks?? Which ones??

Post by q7suited »

I do not need an adjutable shock, just a decent one to use with H&R sports?? where is the best place to buy??

And how much should i expect to spend for install on 4 shocks for my 2000 ITR??
q7suited
New ITRCA Member

Post by q7suited »

how are KYB Gr-2's?? they are priced pretty good??
q7suited
New ITRCA Member

Post by q7suited »

and one more thing, do i need aftermarket shocks if I have H&R sports on stock shocks?? Will my car start to bounce like crazy??
Asian G
ITRCA Member

suspension

Post by Asian G »

Why did you decide to go with lowering springs & aftermarket shocks? For looks? Ride quality? Stock suspension rocks! If your wanting to do better than stock suspension then I would rock some Full Coilover Kits (Omni's, Tein's, JIC,etc)...not springs & some shocks that your going to put togther. Spend the extra "Cheese" for a better set up!

my .02.
US Combat Veteran
00 PY-R 0747
R.I.P. C.R.C. & 97 CW-R 0158 12/17/04
Parts F.S.: http://www.itrca.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=12541
q7suited
New ITRCA Member

Post by q7suited »

my car already has h&r sports on it, i jsut want to know if these are going to wear down my stock shocks?? I just use my car as a daily driver, so no extreme driving, i just want to know if its okay to be lowered on stock shocks, or should i replace them with a sport shock. thanx
newjersey_itR
New ITRCA Member

Post by newjersey_itR »

I just switched to Eibach Sportline springs with Tokico adjustable gas shocks and an Omni front and rear camber kit. My car has never looked or felt so great since I've had it. I had Tein HA coilovers on my other typeR and my current set up is much better. If you only have springs and no sftermarket shocks, there is nothing wrong with that, but the ride may seem pretty rough going over bumps and stuff. But hey, it all depends what your expectations are and how much $$$ you are willing to spend.You can adjust the shocks any time you want, but the springs are always gonna be stiff.
knowledge
ITRCA Member

Post by knowledge »

I am planning on JIC FLT A2's for my R...
2000 ITR #00-0124

Old crappy Civic- $300
Nitrous kit- $500
Blowing your motor when attempting to run a Type-R- PRICELESS!!!
punkaddic
New ITRCA Member

Post by punkaddic »

Koni yellow is the way to go
Chris F
ITRCA Member

Post by Chris F »

punkaddic wrote:Koni yellow is the way to go
Yep, I have a set collecting dust that served me well for 5 years! Adjustable is nice.
CC Fries IV
Sold ITR 98-1085
1993 Prelude VTEC