What type of headlights do you have?

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

What type of headlights do you have?

Post by Bbasso »

Incandescent, HID, LED or other?
I'm just curious to what you use, what model, what color temperature, how long you have had them and if any what problems.

Feel free to post pics.

I have the Catz 4300 with zero problems for over a year now.
swed
1Greyteg
New ITRCA Member

Post by 1Greyteg »

Sylvania Silverstars.

Had 'em for 2 years now. I was jealous of everyone with HID's but couldn't bring myself to pay that kind of money for something I'd use rarely.

I saw the Silverstars on sale at Walmart and picked up a set for the R and another for my wife's Altima.

I had heard that they may have a shorter lifespan than standard bulbs but haven't blown one yet. And the Altima has been DD for those 2 years.

I am pic retarded so posting a shot is not possible. And I also feel that there are some things that pics and sound files just can't properly convey online anyway.

As for brightness, they work very well on the R but I will attribute some this to the projector beam style headlights that are stock. The same bulbs in the Altima and on my brothers RAV4 are Bluer and a cleaner/clearer brightness but nothing compared to the stock Integra projector beams with SS's or HID's for that matter. And possibly not even worth the money to some.
where am I?
blktyprgrl
New ITRCA Member

Post by blktyprgrl »

HID's, OEM Honda, and god knows how old they are, i bought them used.. but so far, for the three years i've had them they have worked well. The only problem I've run in to is that the driver's left switch wire got a short and I had to piggy back off the other side.
01-0177
yea, bitches! ;)
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

Um... the stock ones.
neo_
ITRCA Member

Post by neo_ »

Dave B wrote:Um... the stock ones.
Same here.
Sprockett
ITRCA Member

Post by Sprockett »

OEM Honda JDM lights with (aftermarket) HID

2000 PY Integra Type-R Turbo
#2000-602
Check it out:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2185863/1
cheezthis
Stripe = Awesome Gremlin

Re: What type of headlights do you have?

Post by cheezthis »

Bbasso wrote:Incandescent, HID, LED or other?
I'm just curious to what you use, what model, what color temperature, how long you have had them and if any what problems.

Feel free to post pics.

I have the Catz 4300 with zero problems for over a year now.
Have had my OEMs since 95 :P

However, I'm putting in a catz 4300k hid kit from a good friend of mine for super cheap. I'm looking forward to it. :)
ebelp
New ITRCA Member

Post by ebelp »

<-- Visual Dynamics Philips 4300k HID (old school) for 3 years and counting.
George Knighton
ITRCA Member

Post by George Knighton »

ebelp wrote:<-- Visual Dynamics Philips 4300k HID (old school) for 3 years and counting.
How do you feel about that kit now, after a few years?

Do you feel the focal point is a good match to the projector, now that we've heard so much and seen so many pictures of good beams?
Jon D
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Jon D »

Phillips 4300K HIDizzles ..... i have been very happy with them so far! Although i dont get to drive the car much at night, i notice a significant difference between my beater at night with halogens and the R with HIDs.
ITR #98-804
ebelp
New ITRCA Member

Post by ebelp »

George Knighton wrote:How do you feel about that kit now, after a few years?

Do you feel the focal point is a good match to the projector, now that we've heard so much and seen so many pictures of good beams?
I'm very pleased with them after all these years. The beam pattern has not changed, and the color is still the same. It is believed that eventually, when the capsules are deep into their lifespan, that they will start to look more like 6,000k capsules, and therefore become less bright. I have not noticed this at all.

I have seen pictures of people's retrofitted HID projectors, and for the money, they don't look that much better than the halogen projectors with HID. Maybe pictures don't do them justice...
walker111
Post Whore!!

Post by walker111 »

Dave B wrote:Um... the stock ones.
KayOs
New ITRCA Member

Post by KayOs »

Still on stock bulbs. Can't justify spending HID $$$ for a car that spends most of its time in a garage :(
ITR640
ITRCA Member

Post by ITR640 »

Still rocking my original (does that make them JDM :P) headlight bulbs.

Put Narva xenon bulbs in my CRX......1 burnt out after about 2 years. Which is good considering they lasted about 2 weeks in my sisters DC2.
get RIGHT
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by get RIGHT »

HID conversion
McCulloch ballasts 9006 bulbs (8000K)
This is actually the 2nd car in a row, I have retrofitted HIDS to.
I just can't imagine driving without them anymore.