core support, painted??

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
q7suited
New ITRCA Member

core support, painted??

Post by q7suited »

quick question, a friend of mine is fixing the front end of his R, but he is not sue if the Core Support is supposed to be paineted body color, or is it supposed to be left black?? Can someone help me out??

I know the top piece is supposed to be body color, but what about the rest?? When you look into the front of your bumper everything should be black right??
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

what color is the caR?
swed
blktyprgrl
New ITRCA Member

Post by blktyprgrl »

it's left black i thought. but then again i have a black r
01-0177
yea, bitches! ;)
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

Here is the one I'm working on. I bought a black rad support. It should be painted the same as the car, which I'll be doing this week.

That is my 01 ITR that has never been wrecked. Notice the yellow rad support

That is the stock one coming out of the race car.

Here is the rad support I purchased and put in the car.

Hope all of this helps
q7suited
New ITRCA Member

Post by q7suited »

I know the radiator suppert should be the same color, but should.nt the bottom bepainted black, so you do not see yellow through the front bumper?? that would look wierd, if someone was looking at the front of your car and they could see yellow through the mesh in your bumper??

most honda and Acuras I have looked at the radiator support is painted body color, but the parts that you can see through the bumper are black??

Does anyone have close up picks of a whitr or yellow ITR from the front of the bumper, so we can see what it looks like. Close ups of the mesh or air dam in the bumper would be even better.
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

If I remember tomorrow I'll snap a few.
swed
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

That second pic is the stock rad support with bumper removed. Going by that pic I'd say it is yellow.
get RIGHT
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by get RIGHT »

painted
q7suited
New ITRCA Member

Post by q7suited »

well i needed to know this because I was having my front bumper and lip reapinted because there were road scratches on it, and the yellow through the bumper always bothered me. Personally, i think it looks better flat black on the bottom so you do not see yellow through the bumper. I am going to have my body man spray just the bottom portion of my core support black. Thanx guys.

I have also noiticed on civice and a few other hondas, that the coe support is all black, the radiator support is the only thing body colored. thanx