Have you ever let other people drive your caR?

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

Such as Valet parking, family member, someone needed a car to use, Unable to drive, Designated driver?

I can say I have been giving out my keys for years due to many reasons.
But the best thing is when I take the caR to a Wedding or large party, I pull up get out with some fine woman or many women ;) toss the guy a $20 and tell him front spot and I'll be back in 10 mins for the keys.

How about you?
swed
neo_
ITRCA Member

Post by neo_ »

Considering I didn't know stick when I first got the R, thats a def yes. Now I only let close family members drive. The rest arn't ready to handle the R :)

I would never let a vallet kid touch the R :cry:
Sprockett
ITRCA Member

Post by Sprockett »

The ONLY time I let other people drive my car is if I am there to personally supervise them, and even then it's only my best of friends and only for 5 minutes or less. I am pretty overprotective, but if they f something up I know I could never be friends with them again :lol: 8)
2000 PY Integra Type-R Turbo
#2000-602
Check it out:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2185863/1
ITR640
ITRCA Member

Post by ITR640 »

definitly over protective.

but i still let some family members drive it. I let my sisters boyfriend autocross it, and one of my friends once.

I was present for all test drives....
canuckr
ITRCA Member

Post by canuckr »

I have a couple good firends that I let drive it. Most of them have really helped me out with working on the car, so I dont mind. Also let a few peoples beat it up on the track.

As far as people I dont know (like vallets), nope not in a million years..

I did teach a girl how to drive a stick with it, but mostly I just wanted to...Yea you know.. It didnt work out as planned...
97 ITR #163 RIP
Eight-time ITR Expo Participant Club Member..
Kicker773
ITRCA Member

Post by Kicker773 »

uhm pretty open to people who know how to drive or atleast trustworthy...let see.. Chris N, shaun, mechanic of the shop i go to....n maybe a hawt girl ahaha jk.. but seriously i havent had many opportunites to see my car bein driven on the street... the times i have (2 or 3) made me fell in love with the car again and see why it makes me wanna keep it.
knowledge
ITRCA Member

Post by knowledge »

Maybe for me just 3-4 times so a friend could drive it around the blco. About it, and I will keep it that way.
2000 ITR #00-0124

Old crappy Civic- $300
Nitrous kit- $500
Blowing your motor when attempting to run a Type-R- PRICELESS!!!
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

GF's driven it, brother has driven it and 1 close friend has. Other than that, I don't like being in the passenger seat of my own car.
Jan Niemi
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Jan Niemi »

My wife drove my drunk ass home one night...she asked me what's that sound it makes when I shift? :P
http://speedindustry.biz
for all of your tuning, parts, fabrication and other service needs.
ebelp
New ITRCA Member

Post by ebelp »

Nope. GF can't drive a 5-speed, and I will NOT be teaching her on my car. :P
get RIGHT
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by get RIGHT »

I've only let 1 other person drive my car. It was Jan Gerber, my AutoX instructor.
He knocked 2.5 secs off my best time in his 1st time out, while I was observing in the pass side seat. :shock:
He's got some serious skills.....

Although I have "reserved" a seat for my cars "OG" owner. Some of you might know him from forums and expos past.... "Yellow Dragon"
Seats OPEN Todd, but I wanna see what its like gettin WRXrated.... 8)
1329itr00
New ITRCA Member

Post by 1329itr00 »

I let my friends drive it... only cause i trust them no body else. my mom wanted to but i said no cause she's a little shaky driving a manual lol
I miss my R already
Eva01
ITRCA Member

Post by Eva01 »

I have bad luck when it comes to letting people drive my car. Both times I let someone drive my car, fellow ITR owners at that, my car sustains some kind of damage. :shock:

The first time, I traded ITRs with a friend on a long road trip because his needed some serious tuning. During the road trip, it turns out he lets his friend borrow it and that person claims a drunk driver backed into my car and fuxored my front end. It was some spider web crack in the paint to my front end. So no biggie. Plus my friend made it right by buying me a Toda Flywheel. :o

The 2nd time, I was tired and let another buddy drive my ITR. He ran over a pumpkin in the middle of the road (it was October) and broke a hanger of my Hytech exhaust. I had to take off the whole exhaust system and got it fixed at a muffler shop for 35. So it wasn't too bad. However, the incident annoyed the piss out of me as he states he saw the pumpkin yet proceeded to run over it? And I know he sure as hell wouldn't have run over it with his ITR! WTF?!!! :shock:

Rarely will I let anyone else drive my car as she is curses me whenever someone else drives her! :lol:
Utilitarian
ITRCA Member

Post by Utilitarian »

Only at autocrosses. My theory is, if you can't drive the hell out of it legally, what's the point? 8)
2003 BMW //M3 Carbon Black #78 TIR Class
2003 Lexus IS300 Black Onyx 5MT LSD

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... ef=profile
bender
New ITRCA Member

Post by bender »

Utilitarian wrote:Only at autocrosses. My theory is, if you can't drive the hell out of it legally, what's the point? 8)
All the time at autoxs. If you are faster than me and can teach me something (and that's a long list), here's the keys...
bbqman
Canadian Director

Post by bbqman »

I let people drive my car all the time...mostly on the track so that the get the same enjoyment i get from the car.

In fact, when I bought the car (24,000km) my 2 mechanics at the shop were the firsts to flog it.
the next day I drove to an autocross where I was running the championship in a prepared car , so I let a fellow competitor drive mine in the event. he won overall pax!!!!

Since I have let friends test drive the car....3 have bought one of their own!!!

This car was born to be driven.... so I say...DRIVE IT!!!!
get RIGHT
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by get RIGHT »

bender wrote:
Utilitarian wrote:Only at autocrosses. My theory is, if you can't drive the hell out of it legally, what's the point? 8)
All the time at autoxs. If you are faster than me and can teach me something (and that's a long list), here's the keys...
agreed..
Dave-ROR
Site Admin

Post by Dave-ROR »

eh, I've loaned my car out for months when friend's needed a car, swap cars with friends when I get tired of mine, let many people drive it.. the only place where it's only been driven by myself is on the track. for autocrossing, street, etc I don't care who drives it.

:shrug:
-Dave
Some DC2s and a pimp Grand Marquis
white rocket
ITRCA Member

Post by white rocket »

My girlfriends drives the R every so often. Never valet. I've had friends that were valets pick me up at home in customer cars before.
opie
ITRCA Member

Post by opie »

Me my GF and a select other few have. I refuse to let valets touch my caR.

On a side note, Basso's caR is fun to drive :P
B18C5-T
New ITRCA Member

Post by B18C5-T »

before the turbo was install lots of peoples drove it

Now the builder and my Gf only :)
get RIGHT
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by get RIGHT »

B18C5-T wrote:before the turbo was install lots of peoples drove it

With that kinda power, who can blame ya?..... :P
Kicker773
ITRCA Member

Post by Kicker773 »

if the girl looks like this: :o
and can do this: :shock:

then she can drive my car anytime :D
B18C5-T
New ITRCA Member

Post by B18C5-T »

ITR 00-0477 wrote:
B18C5-T wrote:before the turbo was install lots of peoples drove it

With that kinda power, who can blame ya?..... :P
oh yeah i forgot...when Gf take it ...im taking the wg out :lol:
Chris F
ITRCA Member

Post by Chris F »

bender wrote:All the time at autoxs. If you are faster than me and can teach me something (and that's a long list), here's the keys...
Same for me at HPDE's too, for a while. Right now the damn thing is so unreliable I wouldn't curse a drive on anyone ;)
CC Fries IV
Sold ITR 98-1085
1993 Prelude VTEC