what website sells hytech parts?

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
00civicsiturbo7psi
New ITRCA Member

what website sells hytech parts?

Post by 00civicsiturbo7psi »

like it says can someone throw me a link?
thanks
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Aj »

Last I checked it was:

http://www.hytechexhaust.com/

later,
Aj
pUrExTc
ITRCA Member

Post by pUrExTc »

outta curiousity, AJ, you wouldn't happen to know the sound difference between the Mugen Sports Exhaust and the Hytech Exhaust would you?
'98 Acura Integra Type-R
'03 Honda CBR600RR
Surgeon General's Warning: It's OK to Smoke V8's
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Aj »

The Hytech is a bit louder, and a tad more raspy, but it flows much better then the Mugen twin loop though. The mugen exhaust sounds sweet, but in high performance very expensive exhausts, it's lacking a little in the performance department.

Later,
Aj
Austin
New ITRCA Member

Post by Austin »

Aj wrote:The Hytech is a bit louder, and a tad more raspy, but it flows much better then the Mugen twin loop though. The mugen exhaust sounds sweet, but in high performance very expensive exhausts, it's lacking a little in the performance department.

Later,
Aj
The HyTech isn't all that raspy...mine is a little bit due to the fact that I do not currently have a cat installed...

I am trying to get some audio files of both exhausts this weekend at a Bay Area dyno day.

Austin
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Aj »

Austin wrote: The HyTech isn't all that raspy...mine is a little bit due to the fact that I do not currently have a cat installed...

Austin
That was the point I was making, if you use their system, which eliminates the cat, it is more raspy then the mugen. I think it happens to sound good, and flows a whole world better, I was just stating the obvious.

Later,
Aj
paul98itr
ITRCA Member

Post by paul98itr »

explain raspy? buzy, throaty, low tone??? Just woundering for my next itr.
Sold 98 ITR #0195
Now own slow 4L 99 Jeep Grand Cheerokee Ltd.
Will have another ITR (if some one will buy my Jeep)
pUrExTc
ITRCA Member

Post by pUrExTc »

Mugen definately get's the bling-bling award...having Mugen etched on the side of ur tip is a definate show stopper. however, after checking hytech's website, i couldn't find the ITR's exhaust...could someone redirect me directly to that URL?
'98 Acura Integra Type-R
'03 Honda CBR600RR
Surgeon General's Warning: It's OK to Smoke V8's
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Aj »

They really don't just make shelf exhaust systems, they make them as you order it, ussualy catered to your specific need. Just be prepared for a very lengthy waiting list.

Your best bet is to email or call them, looking at their site isn't really gonna tell you a whole lot.

Later,
Aj
Trey
Site Admin

Post by Trey »

Austin wrote:
Aj wrote:The Hytech is a bit louder, and a tad more raspy, but it flows much better then the Mugen twin loop though. The mugen exhaust sounds sweet, but in high performance very expensive exhausts, it's lacking a little in the performance department.

Later,
Aj
The HyTech isn't all that raspy...mine is a little bit due to the fact that I do not currently have a cat installed...

I am trying to get some audio files of both exhausts this weekend at a Bay Area dyno day.

Austin
THe plan is to have everyone than has a different exhaust make their car available for viewing and we will take some sound clips at the expo.
SurferX
New ITRCA Member

Post by SurferX »

Austin's car is definitely louder than mine, the test pipe vs cat makes a big difference. The HyTech system does not eliminate the cat.
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Aj »

SurferX wrote:The HyTech system does not eliminate the cat.
Depends on the system, the one on their website under type-r does not, but the one that you ussualy see like 25whp dyno graphs on does.

It's your option, they recomend for best flow, using a test pipe, although on their website, for legal purposes, they don't recomend it for anything other then off-road use.

Later,
Aj
ITR 98 1162
New ITRCA Member

Post by ITR 98 1162 »

There are picks of the Hytech muffler that they use on the hytech webpage or you can try to ask Austin for some. He has some audio files that he put on HT.com and I think the Hytech exhaust is badazz. It has the option of using the Renault cat or a testpipe. Thanks to Austin Imma have to spend the 2gz+ and get a Hytech header/exhaust system. :)
itr
ITRCA Member

Post by itr »

where can i find the sound clip on ht.com where do i go on the site cant find it
ITR 98 1162
New ITRCA Member

Post by ITR 98 1162 »

SEARCH for "hytech" under the Integra Type R forum