experimental R

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
コ ブラスタ
New ITRCA Member

experimental R

Post by コ ブラスタ »

Me and a few friends are thinking about doing a DC5-R swap for an older model Dc2 and turboing it I wonder how that would turnout? With the Dc2's handling capabilities and the mega power potential of the k20 it would be pretty nasty!! also think about buying an AWD integra yes they have them in Japan and yes they have the 2dr vtec models which are surprisingly quick. (a bit hard to find though but worth it if you get it) I'm thinking hard on this one as of what should I get. An AWD teg with a turbo would also be quiet nasty if the drive train is up to par that is....
StatGSR
New ITRCA Member

Post by StatGSR »

just so u know, all the AWD modles have weaksauce D-series motors in them, so they cant be mated with any b-series or other motors. and most likly if u just boost the D-series, for one it still wont be that fast. and you will probably end up breaking some components of the AWD which would end up being nearly impossible to get parts for... i say drop that idea, or buy the Brille AWD teg if its still for sale which was custom built using parts of the CRX drivetrain.

as for the K-series DC2... its been done..
94 Integra GSR
knowledge
ITRCA Member

Post by knowledge »

Hondatuning did an AWD ITR in the past. I also know a guy around me who custom did an AWD civic si with a B20/VTEC setup. Its still broken hard. lol

You will be forced to use a CRV tranny (if you stay B-Series) and well the whole CRV drivetrain. Enjoy that with some power behind it and it wont last. Axles are going to go. Or at least that transfer case will go. We had a 91' Eagle Talon TSI with 426WHP at all 4 wheels and went through 3 tranny's, 2 transfer cases, and 3 rear ends. The DSM drivetrain is gonna be WAY stronger that the Honda AWD drive train.

It can and has been done yes! Lots of custom fabricating will be required. I wish U luck...... 8)
2000 ITR #00-0124

Old crappy Civic- $300
Nitrous kit- $500
Blowing your motor when attempting to run a Type-R- PRICELESS!!!
Reid
ITRCA Member

Re: experimental R

Post by Reid »

コ ブラスタ wrote:Me and a few friends are thinking about doing a DC5-R swap for an older model Dc2 and turboing it I wonder how that would turnout? With the Dc2's handling capabilities and the mega power potential of the k20 it would be pretty nasty!! also think about buying an AWD integra yes they have them in Japan and yes they have the 2dr vtec models which are surprisingly quick. (a bit hard to find though but worth it if you get it) I'm thinking hard on this one as of what should I get. An AWD teg with a turbo would also be quiet nasty if the drive train is up to par that is....

Why don't you guys just bring whatever cars you have now to any one of Japan's circuits?

You can drive anything fast on a road course, it doesn't even matter what it is. :D