Urethane bushing

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
Jacques79
New ITRCA Member

Urethane bushing

Post by Jacques79 »

I think one of the most underrated mods are stiffer suspension bushings: it is so important to give you a ''tight'' feel and good road feedback. (not that the R isn't good in stock form)

I found this bushing set:

http://www.spoonsports.us/cgi-bin/shopp ... 31-DCR-000

I've seen bad things about Spoon products before but I guess bushings are bushings no?

Anyone have good experience to share with some bushings? Are they worth it in the ITR?

Thanks
Sprockett
ITRCA Member

Post by Sprockett »

Look into Energy Suspension bushings...good quality and like 1/10th the price.
2000 PY Integra Type-R Turbo
#2000-602
Check it out:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2185863/1
Jacques79
New ITRCA Member

Post by Jacques79 »

Sprockett wrote:Look into Energy Suspension bushings...good quality and like 1/10th the price.
I saw those on EBAY but they just scream : ''cheap ebay crap that will brake in a week''.

I guess urethane bushings are urethane bushings afterall, kind of hard to mess up :wink:

I'm more interested in steering rack bushings, don't think energy offers them...I'll check it out more though.

thanks Sprockett. (BTW nice avatar)
Sprockett
ITRCA Member

Post by Sprockett »

yeah, but ES bushings aren't just "ebay crap". Go to http://www.summitracing.com and buy them from there if you don't like ebay. They're still pretty cheap...but the quality is very good, and any quality difference between ES bushings and the Spoon bushings would be small compared to the price difference you will have to pay.
2000 PY Integra Type-R Turbo
#2000-602
Check it out:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2185863/1
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

Energy Suspension bushings are a quality product, have no fear.
swed
silver
New ITRCA Member

Post by silver »

i have been to energy and seen their manufacturing and mold process...definitely a quality product and their master bushing set is priced around $120, you can't beat that.

as for the spoon bushings, they are only urethane on the top half i believe and the bottom is hard rubber so they will not be as "harsh" as some people put it. for the price though you can't beat energy
MikeB
New ITRCA Member

Post by MikeB »

silver wrote:i have been to energy and seen their manufacturing and mold process...definitely a quality product and their master bushing set is priced around $120, you can't beat that.

as for the spoon bushings, they are only urethane on the top half i believe and the bottom is hard rubber so they will not be as "harsh" as some people put it. for the price though you can't beat energy
The advantage of rubber OVER urethane, is that rubber has a "memory" It knows where to go back, when flexed. The problem with urethane bushings, is that once they stretch (over a period of time), they are done. Replacing would be needed. Technology may have changed but Im sure its still the same.

Silver, your reasoning Spoon made the bushings the way they are made, is that its the best of BOTH worlds. Rubber inner and Urethane outer.

Stiff while it has a memory.
bbqman
Canadian Director

Post by bbqman »

While I recommend E/S for any car to remove all that slack in the suspension and upgrade old worn bushings, I caution the use of them for the ITR. The ITR bushings are not like all other Hondas and they seem to last much longer.

I have 200,000km on my ITR , winters and 150+ track days and the bushings are overall still in good shape.

If you have worn bushings on the R, you may want to go back to OE.
silver
New ITRCA Member

Post by silver »

MikeB wrote:
silver wrote:Silver, your reasoning Spoon made the bushings the way they are made, is that its the best of BOTH worlds. Rubber inner and Urethane outer.

Stiff while it has a memory.
this is why i have a set of spoon bushings sitting on a shelf in my garage awaiting the non adj dampers and springs. i just wanted to reassure jacque that energy is a quality product.