Need Help on the JDM Front End H.I.D headlights.

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
JDMDC2turbo
New ITRCA Member

Need Help on the JDM Front End H.I.D headlights.

Post by JDMDC2turbo »

Hi, lately I'm considering getting the JDM front end HID healights but I have several questions that I hope you guys can help.
1. If the bulb pops or expires its life, where can I get another one? Do I get an aftermarket one? Or do I have to try to get it at the Japanese Honda dealer which that will not happen.
2. If I have to deal with getting an aftermarket HID bulb what bulb do I use 9005, 9006 or what?
I have two pairs of the JDM non HID headlights:Type R, GSR; but now I really want the HID headlights but need to know the questions in order to get it. If not then I'll consider getting the aftermarket HID. If I consider getting the JDM HID headlights, anyone wants to buy my JDM GSR headlights? Its the same housing but its chrome inside. I use it only for the carshows. Only had it for a year.hehe
itr449
New ITRCA Member

Post by itr449 »

a couple of answers for you

1&2 can be answered to gether. If you use the oem hids the bulb is called a D2S and is the same bulb found on the Honda S2000 and can be got at any Honda dealer for i believe $100 or so.
2k phoenix yellow R#449
JDMDC2turbo
New ITRCA Member

Thanks...

Post by JDMDC2turbo »

Thanks for the info...I thought about that also...but I dont want to take the risk you know what I mean...buying it and then later finding out it might not fit will wast alot of money. hehe