hey new member here

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
b18civic
New ITRCA Member

hey new member here

Post by b18civic »

hi im 17 and own a 95 civic ex with a 95 ls integra motor swap and some other mods but what brought me here was because i was walking home from school and saw a yellow integra type R and i couldn't help but stand there staring for a good 10 minutes. so now my goal is to someday own one. but for now im going to make my civic as much type r as i can.. im going to get a 5 lug conversion, i already have the fenders with the sidemarkers, and finally i'm gonna get a b18c5 :-D.
1995 civic ex - b18b1, aem short ram intake, dc sports cat back, gsr rims, skunk 2 coil overs, energy polyurethene bushings.. some other little things.
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

Save your money and just buy a real ITR... If you have the means to keep it safe.

By adding a bunch of ITR parts to a civic only means you have a civic with ITR parts.
swed
black itr guy
New ITRCA Member

Post by black itr guy »

what he said
no really they are just stickers. =)
MikeB
New ITRCA Member

Post by MikeB »

Bbasso wrote: By adding a bunch of ITR parts to a civic only means you have a civic with ITR parts.
:roll:
StatGSR
New ITRCA Member

Post by StatGSR »

Bbasso wrote: By adding a bunch of ITR parts to a civic only means you have a civic with ITR parts.
isnt that kind of a given? :shock:
94 Integra GSR
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

yeah that's the point...

He did want to make an ITR out of a Civic...
swed
ITR640
ITRCA Member

Post by ITR640 »

Meh, Type R's aren't that cool. :wink:
gsrjigga
New ITRCA Member

heh

Post by gsrjigga »

when i was 17... i wanted a 95 ex coupe... but my dad insisted i get a acura integra... ended up witha 93 gsr (not knowin what was vtec or b17 or anything) drove it home.. did research on what i owned.. and learned that vtec is a beautiful thing.. then that led to type r theories and so on and so forth...

I could say i got lucky .. caz, i feel if i never got a integra as a first car, i would probably be into rice theories and not have the love for an R as i do now...

Moral - we all got to start some where!!
b18civic
New ITRCA Member

Post by b18civic »

i've been thinking and instead of a teg type R motor im just gonna get a gsr head and make mine Ls/vtec and just run with that for a while.
1995 civic ex - b18b1, aem short ram intake, dc sports cat back, gsr rims, skunk 2 coil overs, energy polyurethene bushings.. some other little things.
get RIGHT
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by get RIGHT »

Good call.....we'll see ya around then. :wink:
JUN.R
ITRCA Member

Post by JUN.R »

yup, good call, if your goal is someday owning an R then just wait
IT-R Militia Member #43
2001 PY-R #0082
My Picture and Referece Thread
http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1579748

http://www.junauto.co.jp
neo_
ITRCA Member

Post by neo_ »

b18civic wrote:i've been thinking and instead of a teg type R motor im just gonna get a gsr head and make mine Ls/vtec and just run with that for a while.
Good call indeed, or just save your pennies until you can afford an ITR.