My JRSC 1997 ITR

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
mythias
Senior ITRCA Member

My JRSC 1997 ITR

Post by mythias »

Just thought I would post up my JRSC ITR. I will be making more modifications this winter, and look forward to getting it retuned. Let me know what you guys think.

Modifications:

AEM CAI
JRSC @ 5.5psi
RC 440cc Injectors
Hondata S200b
Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump
BlackLightning Plug wires
Toda Cam Gears
Comptech 4-2-1 Header
JR Highflow Cat
Modified HKS B-pipe
Spoon N1 Axle Back
KVR Python 4-Pot Calipers
Kosei K1 wheels
No A/c :)

The car was tuned by Jeff Evans, but since then some changes have been made. When it was tuned, it was only putting out 4.5psi due to belt issues instead of the normal 5.5psi. The results were 220whp @ 8502rpm w/ 149 tq. Here is the dyno chart, courtesy of Evans Tuning:

Nice and smooth. :)

This winter I have a few things planned. I will be getting rid of the comptech header and JR cat and be going with a Kamikaze header and testpipe. Also, I will be putting some boost upgrade pulleys I have laying around to some use and raise the boost to 11psi. For the intake, I have made a template for the straightest possible route for a CAI, and plan on having a custom CAI mandrel bent based on my template. Once I can afford it, I will be having the Endyn blower modification done which should really help the intake temperature.

Well, I hope you guys like. Let me know what you think. :)
-Brad
Jan Niemi
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Jan Niemi »

Nice powerband!

The black K1s are da bomb. I'm planning on getting another pair myself, giving them the black treatment.
http://speedindustry.biz
for all of your tuning, parts, fabrication and other service needs.
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

One day... Heads up race, I gotta see how much that 97 has on my R :P
swed
mythias
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by mythias »

Jan Niemi wrote:Nice powerband!

The black K1s are da bomb. I'm planning on getting another pair myself, giving them the black treatment.
Thanks! The linear powerband makes driving the caR alot of fun. :) The finish on my k1's was ruined by brake dust, so I painted them black. I am quite happy with how they came out and look on the R.
bbasso wrote: One day... Heads up race, I gotta see how much that 97 has on my R :p
Come on down to Atco raceway and lets go for it. I'll even clean up my tailights and muffler so you have a nice view. :wink:

hehe, just kidding. It would be a fun race. Just remind me to wear hearing protection so your exhaust doesnt make my ears a'splode.
-Brad
ITR9788
New ITRCA Member

Post by ITR9788 »

Nice car. Definately look into upping the boost. I did 251 whp in my 97 when it was superchrged at 10psi. That kamikaze header will make a nice difference. I gained quite a bit when I swapped out my Comptech 4-2-1, and did a high flow cat.
vtecjerry
ITRCA Member

Post by vtecjerry »

nice chart, damn straight

post the numbers after you make the changes.
98 ITR #578
Brishen
New ITRCA Member

Re: My JRSC 1997 ITR

Post by Brishen »

I am planning to supercharge my 1998 type R soon and it seems that you really like your car and what you went with. I was planning to use the jrsc also Hondata s200 anything you can tell me or suggest on doing to my car

AEM ram air
spoon header
Spoon N1 Axle Back
test pipe

future plans
JRSC @ 5.5psi
RC 440cc Injectors
Hondata S200b
Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump
ngk wires
Toda Cam Gears
mythias
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by mythias »

Brishen wrote:anything you can tell me or suggest on doing to my car

AEM ram air
spoon header

Spoon N1 Axle Back
test pipe

future plans
JRSC @ 5.5psi
RC 440cc Injectors
Hondata S200b
Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump
ngk wires
Toda Cam Gears
Well, It would have been nicer if you made a thread asking for advice instead of threadjacking, but anyway...

Intake- I would go with a CAI over a ram-air. You will get a little better throttle responce with the ram air, but intake temps will rise dramatically negating most of the performace aspects associated with a shorter intake tube. My intake temps rose a wee bit over 40 degrees with a short ram, and there was a noticable power loss.

Header- You will be wasting your money with the spoon header. It is not good for a supercharged application. You may actually experience a powerloss over your OEM USDM header. You want a header with short fat primaries and a long fat collector. The three best choices for a header are: Kamikaze ($249), Endyn Modified Kamikaze ($309), and the LHT Header ($995). I would go with the Endyn Modified Kamikaze, best bang for your buck. The LHT header costs over 3 times as much, is based on the Kamikaze design, and is only marginally better.

Fuel Pump- Good choice, but you wont need to buy one if you purchase your blower new. The basic kit for the ITR includes a re-badged walbro 255lph fuel pump.

If you want more suggestions or help, then please create a new thread.
-Brad
Brishen
New ITRCA Member

Post by Brishen »

anything you can tell me or suggest on doing to my car

AEM ram air
spoon header
Spoon N1 Axle Back
test pipe

future plans
JRSC @ 5.5psi
RC 440cc Injectors
Hondata S200b
Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump
ngk wires
Toda Cam Gears

Well the header cam with the car when i bought it and i was hoping not to spend another 400 or so to get another one. I was told it was pretty good the only thing i dont like about it is i cannot pass smog with it on so i have to change it every 2 years. I also already own a ram air intake and i was thinking about going with the lht intercooler what do you think about that and maybe 8lb boost on stock internals. Will my motor be ok?
Blownlsv95
New ITRCA Member

Post by Blownlsv95 »

im sorry- But is that the comptech type R front lip?
Ls/Vtec.... yeahhh
Reid
ITRCA Member

Post by Reid »

Blownlsv95 wrote:im sorry- But is that the comptech type R front lip?
I can't believe you're asking this question on ITRCA.
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

Blownlsv95 wrote:im sorry- But is that the comptech type R front lip?
FIRE!!!

:roll:
swed
mythias
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by mythias »

Brishen wrote:I am planning to supercharge my 1998 type R soon and it seems that you really like your car and what you went with. I was planning to use the jrsc also Hondata s200 anything you can tell me or suggest on doing to my car
Come one man.. seriously. This is not Mythias' SC Advice Thread. If you want advice, make a new thread. I am not fond of threadjacking.
-Brad
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

mythias wrote: I am not fond of threadjacking.
easy killer :wink:
swed
DSAV4shawn
New ITRCA Member

Post by DSAV4shawn »

mythias wrote:Come one man.. seriously. This is not Mythias' SC Advice Thread. If you want advice, make a new thread. I am not fond of threadjacking.
Yea man.... I'm wondering if I should just get rid of this supercharger thingie and get a snail whatchamacallit. -threadjacking is a specialty of mine.

Mythias > than all other SC peeps.

Look forward to meeting you in person.