People discovering my type R

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
Jacques79
New ITRCA Member

People discovering my type R

Post by Jacques79 »

''Why the hell did you sell your S2000?''

''I needed money''

''Why did you get a freaking Integra? You could of got a 300HP WRX, an SRT-4, a Mustang, etc...''

Then I take him out for a spin. I keep the revs down to 5000RPM.

''Man this is the most booooring car I've ever been in''

I then downshift and rev to 7000RPM

''Yo dude watch out you're gonna mess up your engine''

I then find a straight road, slow down, adjust mirror, ask him if he has his seatbelt....6000RPM, he starts to grab on to the door handle....

7500RPM to 8500RPM he just starts laughing like a moron and shouting out ''wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaa slow down I'm sorry ok ok this car is sick''

Now he's the one talking to everybody about my ''Integra''

:D
black itr guy
New ITRCA Member

Post by black itr guy »

hahaha lmao
no really they are just stickers. =)
Dawn, Destroyer of Worlds
Post Whore!!

Post by Dawn, Destroyer of Worlds »

Scaring "newbies" is one of the best parts of owning a Type R.Once they start bellowing in v-tech, it's a beautiful thing!
MikeB
New ITRCA Member

Post by MikeB »

LOL
neo_
ITRCA Member

Post by neo_ »

lol, owned.
gsrjigga
New ITRCA Member

heh

Post by gsrjigga »

one of the best feelings of owning a nicely built honda dual cam...

especially with a nice boost setup...

sometimes.. i dont even tell any of my newbie freinds about the fact that these engines can rev that high... and when I book it.. I love the expressions of their face.. they no longer watch the road..

they brace them selfs and watch the rpm needle :shock:
Sprockett
ITRCA Member

Post by Sprockett »

Man I still think my ITR is slow...I don't know what I'm basing it against either...it's the fastest car I've owned. Maybe it's because I'm surrounded by all these domestic guys here in MI that run 10s :(
2000 PY Integra Type-R Turbo
#2000-602
Check it out:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2185863/1
98TypeR#21
New ITRCA Member

Re: People discovering my type R

Post by 98TypeR#21 »

Jacques79 wrote:''Why the hell did you sell your S2000?''

''I needed money''

''Why did you get a freaking Integra? You could of got a 300HP WRX, an SRT-4, a Mustang, etc...''

I then find a straight road, slow down, adjust mirror, ask him if he has his seatbelt....6000RPM, he starts to grab on to the door handle....

7500RPM to 8500RPM he just starts laughing like a moron and shouting out ''wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaa slow down I'm sorry ok ok this car is sick''

I have a question for you. I have a '98 type-r and a '01 S2000, and the two cars are just totally different. BUT something that always surprises me is the amount of torque that the type-r has below 3k compared with my s2000.

I was wondering if you notice the same thing or not (I do have intake and header which might make a difference). Just wondering if you felt the same way. (also I'm not sure what years your cars are).
rino924
New ITRCA Member

Post by rino924 »

Sprockett wrote:Man I still think my ITR is slow...I don't know what I'm basing it against either...it's the fastest car I've owned. Maybe it's because I'm surrounded by all these domestic guys here in MI that run 10s :(
haha, i feel ya. im in northern indiana and everyone around either has a domestic or a DSM. i really don't care about the straight line feel though, just love going to the track and zippin' around back roads

no matter how quick or how well the car handles, the people that have gone domestic/awd turbo, will rarely appriciate the fact that its a honda.

but i love it 8)
Jacques79
New ITRCA Member

Re: People discovering my type R

Post by Jacques79 »

98TypeR#21 wrote:
Jacques79 wrote:''Why the hell did you sell your S2000?''

''I needed money''

I have a question for you. I have a '98 type-r and a '01 S2000, and the two cars are just totally different. BUT something that always surprises me is the amount of torque that the type-r has below 3k compared with my s2000.

I was wondering if you notice the same thing or not (I do have intake and header which might make a difference). Just wondering if you felt the same way. (also I'm not sure what years your cars are).

Yeah I remember on the highway once with my S2000 there was a truck behind me I had to speed up or else I was finished; I downshifted into the wrong gear and found myself at 2500RPMs, the car felt like it was stopped!

I just think that the S2000 is even more peaky than the type R becuase its redline is 600rpms further.

And with the type R I notice the VTEC point even more than with my old S2000. It's more of a violent car.

But in the end the noise the S2000 makes at 8800RPMs is INSANE and nothing comes close to it!
Chris F
ITRCA Member

Post by Chris F »

brokenhearted wrote:Scaring "newbies" is one of the best parts of owning a Type R.Once they start bellowing in v-tech, it's a beautiful thing!
VTEC :)

Nice one.

Get him on a track in the car, that's the real eye opener. Braking and cornering. Though the wail of the motor getting uncorked is definitely awesome.
CC Fries IV
Sold ITR 98-1085
1993 Prelude VTEC
Jan Niemi
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Jan Niemi »

To really scare your friends, you should yell "VTAK" really loud as soon as you hit the high cam. :wink:
http://speedindustry.biz
for all of your tuning, parts, fabrication and other service needs.
get RIGHT
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by get RIGHT »

Jan Niemi wrote:To really scare your friends, you should yell "VTAK" really loud as soon as you hit the high cam. :wink:
ROFL
Dawn, Destroyer of Worlds
Post Whore!!

Post by Dawn, Destroyer of Worlds »

[quote="Chris F"][quote="brokenhearted"]Scaring "newbies" is one of the best parts of owning a Type R.Once they start bellowing in v-tech, it's a beautiful thing![/quote]
VTEC :)

Nice one.

Ummm.......oops. :oops:
Proof that eating paint-chips actually isn't a good idea after all. :roll:
Sleep1
New ITRCA Member

yea

Post by Sleep1 »

yea i was showing my new turbo itr to my friends and one shows up like ..."Awww you got a yellow taxi with a muffler" .. one minute later after we go from 70 to about 120 in about 5 seconds .

"I take that taxi thing back"

The car speaks for itself. you dont have to defend it =)
black itr guy
New ITRCA Member

Post by black itr guy »

i got a friend with a b18 jrsc crx that runs 12's all day long and he would take my car over his all day long
no really they are just stickers. =)