Which springs should i get

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
SanjayR
New ITRCA Member

Which springs should i get

Post by SanjayR »

Well i am about to purchase some lowering springs for my 98 TYPE R and i have it narrowed down to a few brands. If you all could tell me what you have on your car and what you think.

COMPTECH SPORT SPRINGS: $189
EIBACH PRO KIT: INTEGRA $224
H&R SPORT SPRING: INTEGRA 97-98/00 (TYPE R) $149
TOKICO SPRING KIT: $179

Any advice would really be appreciated.
TypeR882
New ITRCA Member

Post by TypeR882 »

get the tein s-tech springs. Its only like 150. and its a great ride. not bumpy at all. i would prefer them over the eibach springs anyday. People who have riden in my car are amazed that im just running springs and not a full coilover system. hope it helps
JDMDC2turbo
New ITRCA Member

Post by JDMDC2turbo »

I used to have eibach adjustible that works really well till my car was stolen...but when I bought my new car I quickly bought eibach again because its adjustible and ride...till I upgrade to Tanabe Sustec Pro-Drag...I think you should get the full coilover...either Tanabe or Tein EDFC its well worth it!
SanjayR
New ITRCA Member

Post by SanjayR »

Now are the Tein And Eibach better then the stock springs or are they just as good? Thanks for the advice...keep it comin.
SanjayR
New ITRCA Member

Post by SanjayR »

Oh Yeah i forgot to add this to my list of poosible spring i will be getting.

TEIN S. TECH SPRING KIT - $173
paul98itr
ITRCA Member

Post by paul98itr »

Comptech are going be as close to stock as your gonna get if that is what you are going for. Otherwise I have heard good things about eibach and tein. I would go eibach, just my opinion though.
Sold 98 ITR #0195
Now own slow 4L 99 Jeep Grand Cheerokee Ltd.
Will have another ITR (if some one will buy my Jeep)
SanjayR
New ITRCA Member

Post by SanjayR »

I have a question about the Eibach pro kit. The springs come with a note that says TYPE R will recieve minimal lowering due to factory setting. Now i know the TYPE R is already lower then the GSR but will the pro kit really make a diffrece then.(pro-kit lowers it 1.3 inches). Or should i go with the sportline with lowers it 1.7inches. I dont want my car scraping speedbumps, i just want the fender gap gone.
paul98itr
ITRCA Member

Post by paul98itr »

The itr is lowered 10mm from stock, so it will not lower the car as much however the car will be sitting at the same ride hiegth. The type r just gets a jump start towards the ground :lol: You will be fine with either one, just don't go straight towards curbs.
Sold 98 ITR #0195
Now own slow 4L 99 Jeep Grand Cheerokee Ltd.
Will have another ITR (if some one will buy my Jeep)
Trey
Site Admin

Post by Trey »

Eibach is one thing but the sportlines are NOT a good spring. They are too soft and way way too low for stock shocks.

TEIN are supposed to be good. Spoon Sports are supposed to be good on Stock shocks (I am not a very big Spoon advocate). Also look into KG/MM springs this is a compang not a measurement.

Look into Ground controls. They have height adjustment and they have nice Eibach ERS (linear rate) springs.
SanjayR
New ITRCA Member

Post by SanjayR »

Ok then what would you go with
Eibach pro kit
Tien
or Comptec

I'm just looking for a good spring to minimize the fender gap and not alter my handiling in a bad way.