K-swaped ITR

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
ninetails
ITRCA Member

K-swaped ITR

Post by ninetails »

HEY fellow itr owners!! I've recently purchased a 2001 itr, and drove it for a day or two...... and decided to go K-swap..

I sold my b18c1, and now I have a k20 about to go in...

Im a have install pix up in a little bit, but..

out of curiousity, what is my itr worth with a K-series motor correctly installed in a 01 py itr w/ 22k miles on the shell??'

reason i ask is .. im getting really tempted to purchase an itr from japan, and i notice the price for one usualy range around 17k to 22k us dollers...

thanks for your time!! :D
type r 604
get RIGHT
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by get RIGHT »

I'm crying inside. :?
You had 22K miles on an 01? And decided to swap the motor?

Assuming the caR was in good condition,y ou had a JEWEL. You woulda been better off starting with a "salvaged" caR instead.

To a car dealership the car is worth a "salvage" since the odometer does not match the original engine/body. To the "right" person though. I would think $18K would be a fair asking price.
Dawn, Destroyer of Worlds
Post Whore!!

Post by Dawn, Destroyer of Worlds »

First question, why did your caR come with a GSR motor? Did you mean B18C5? And like ITR 00-0477 said, why did you do that to a perfect Type R?A salvaged one would have made a better project car.And considering I'm in the market for another Type R, I wouldn't even consider ANY ITR with a swapped motor.Just my opinion.
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

<--- news like this makes me cry, sorry.
swed
ninetails
ITRCA Member

o

Post by ninetails »

ya... the motor was a c5... it was the original motor .. and..

as far as takin out the original... didnt know it was a killer to a itr.. id figure it would be a good thing....

all my freinds convinced me to k swap.. and some peeps on HT..

im scared to ask.. how much was it worth w. the original motor,, caz i definetly know i got it for cheap now...
type r 604
Dave_B

Re: o

Post by Dave_B »

ninetails wrote:ya... the motor was a c5... it was the original motor .. and..

as far as takin out the original... didnt know it was a killer to a itr.. id figure it would be a good thing....

all my freinds convinced me to k swap.. and some peeps on HT..

im scared to ask.. how much was it worth w. the original motor,, caz i definetly know i got it for cheap now...
A "MINT" one with those miles would probably fetch around say 22k if your patient. I would love to have an ITR in that kind of condition. Personally I agree with everyone else, if you were going to go K, you should have done it with a salvaged or high mileage one, but it's your car. If you do, do the swap, you will be loosing thousands of dollars.
ITR862
ITRCA Member

Post by ITR862 »

Is it a salvaged titled car? If you say you got it cheap Im fearing you might have gotten a salvaged titled car. I hope you didnt and you didnt know it. Even with 22k it could have been salvaged.
neo_
ITRCA Member

Post by neo_ »

Come on man, you sold your original engine without even meeting up with the local ITR crew? :?

<-- South Florida
black itr guy
New ITRCA Member

Post by black itr guy »

alskdjf so mad alskjdfoa cant type alsdkjfoiuawer ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!
no really they are just stickers. =)
cypressink
New ITRCA Member

hmm

Post by cypressink »

i'ma GS-R owner. and personnaly a GS-r with 22k mile sin Mint condition i' woulda paid 14k for. a Type R with Clean Title with 22k in mint conditin. i woulda sold everything i had for it. which equals close to me paying about 22k. or 14k and trade my 89 CRX and, 97 GS-R.....and a donut....or a krispy kreme donut if your hungry. mmmmm...krispy kreme brb guys!

If ti was me, i woulda got a 94 salvaged teggy and did a K swap. swapped value is more worth on those cars i think.

but something positive. it might run fast?
ninetails
ITRCA Member

Post by ninetails »

heh.. honestly.. im tryin to get a car to feature in a magazine for once.. and build a nice intimidating rep in my area for type r's.. thats when i askd my freind that had his car featured couple times,, what do i need to do?

he told me to go all out... and to get an integra featured.. its hard to do with a b series

and btw .. the car is not salvaged...

and for localy meetin up with fellow itr's .. i might be ready for that HT meet april 6th!!
type r 604
Ford Prefect
ITRCA Member

Post by Ford Prefect »

RICER! caR KILLER! :evil: :evil: :evil:
'97 ITR #90 - Stock - 1st owner
'03 CL Type-S - 6spd
ITR Militia Member #2
270+lb ITR CLUB We fall in, and crawl out
dc2quick
New ITRCA Member

Post by dc2quick »

Wow i can't believe you guys are pricing it at 22k... when i bought my 01 ITR 2 years ago, perfect shape, 23k.... it was blue booked at 18k... did the price on itrs appreciate??
cypressink
New ITRCA Member

Post by cypressink »

KBB is inaccurate on certain cars. ITR's and MR2''s are an example. and the AE86. Just the going price on somethings even though it's not wut KBB listed it.
ninetails
ITRCA Member

Post by ninetails »

ey.. wat if I was to buy a complete itr front clip and throw everything on from that? (fenders, hood, bumpr, and jdm itr motor)

will i get back that original itr status back? because, when doin research on kswapin, I realized cutting is involved (for the shifter, and passenger side mount) and i really dont wana cut anything on my r

what should i do?
type r 604
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

ninetails wrote: what should i do?
Kinda late now...

As for restoring the Original factor of your car... that will never happen, unless you get all the stock parts back on it. But honestly put the car to where you are going to like and enjoy it and have fun after all... It's a car.
swed
Ford Prefect
ITRCA Member

Post by Ford Prefect »

ninetails wrote:will i get back that original itr status back?
"Original ITR Status" depends on the chassis and motor VINs matching, among other things, so no, you will never get "original" status or value back unless you get the original engine back.
'97 ITR #90 - Stock - 1st owner
'03 CL Type-S - 6spd
ITR Militia Member #2
270+lb ITR CLUB We fall in, and crawl out
コ ブラスタ
New ITRCA Member

Post by コ ブラスタ »

I thought this post was over, people lets not entertain this thread any further it's a pointless converation. If he want's to be silly and hack up a mint condition R :NOTE: In vain for a worthless magazine article then let him do nuff said. :!:
black itr guy
New ITRCA Member

Post by black itr guy »

+1 nuff said BURN!!!!!!!
no really they are just stickers. =)
Chris F
ITRCA Member

Post by Chris F »

ninetails wrote:ey.. wat if I was to buy a complete itr front clip and throw everything on from that? (fenders, hood, bumpr, and jdm itr motor)

will i get back that original itr status back? because, when doin research on kswapin, I realized cutting is involved (for the shifter, and passenger side mount) and i really dont wana cut anything on my r

what should i do?
There's a few people out there with K-Swaps. PM user George Knighton, he has one.

Oh, wait...

*snicker*

Also Jason Franza for another example, dedicated race car though.

Did you have a RSX K20 lined up, or a Type R K20A? K20A is hot.
CC Fries IV
Sold ITR 98-1085
1993 Prelude VTEC
ninetails
ITRCA Member

Post by ninetails »

i have a k20 type s motor......

im realy feeling like selling it and goin k20r.. jus to be different.. because.. in my area. rumor has it,, EVerybody pretty much went K already, that... plus one of my freinds is almost finishin up on his k20 supercharge swap in his dc2... so.. i gota do something drastic to be a lil over the edge

but.. i duno... still deciding what to do nex
type r 604
ninetails
ITRCA Member

Post by ninetails »

コ ブラスタ wrote:I thought this post was over, people lets not entertain this thread any further it's a pointless converation. If he want's to be silly and hack up a mint condition R :NOTE: In vain for a worthless magazine article then let him do nuff said. :!:
sorry!! :oops:
type r 604
ninetails
ITRCA Member

Post by ninetails »

I dont know if I should start a new thread on my itr upgrade... so.. ill continue on this thread...

warning: to some of you, im destroyin an ITR w. a swap xD , but your opinions are still welcomed...

First..

what is georges knightons actual Forum name.. or that other guy Jason Franza .. I really need their help

I got the money savd up for the parts, but not sure what exactly to buy...

so far, i found a deal on the fuel rail, lines, and fuel pressure regulator...
Hasport mounts... and the Rkrew headers...

Looking for a deal on a KPro, and want to know how to go about the wiring...

oh ya.. I threw on parts from my jdm front clip I just purchased, hoping that the rad support would at least line up and hold the jdm hood closed.. but that didnt work.. the usdm Rad support is like 4 inches back .. so my hood jus sits on top of the usdm support..

here is a quik before pic :)

will post up some new ones in a lil
type r 604
VtecWhore
New ITRCA Member

Post by VtecWhore »

i have a k-swaped itr.....its lots of fun...cost a alot tho.... i say do it...but go k20a......but if your gunna build it then stay with the k20a2 and get the itr 6 speed trans......good luck!