longest 48hours

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
gangzoom
New ITRCA Member

longest 48hours

Post by gangzoom »

Having grown up playing Gran Turismo and the like ive been lucky enough to finally get my hands on a real ITR. Test drove it along with a Civic type R, and S2000. I have to say the S2000 and ITR were simply aweson, and civic was just dull. Nearly put the money down on the S2000, but in the end went for the ITR instead (couldnt get insured on the S2000:-(. Unfortunatly i bought the car from a honda dealer which meant they had to "approve the car", service it, clean it, and tax it before they can release the car. Its now 7 days on and am getting very inpatient, have phoned them three times today already :-) apparently the car will definatly be ready by this weekend.....so only a 48 hours to go :-) so till than i just need to keep on reading about how good the ITR is :-)
Dawn, Destroyer of Worlds
Post Whore!!

Post by Dawn, Destroyer of Worlds »

Congrats to you!!!! :D
Post some pics once you get her!!
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

brokenhearted wrote:Congrats to you!!!! :D
Post some pics once you get her!!
swed
black itr guy
New ITRCA Member

Post by black itr guy »

awesome
no really they are just stickers. =)
gsrjigga
New ITRCA Member

Post by gsrjigga »

did u get it yet?
ITR862
ITRCA Member

Post by ITR862 »

Post pics when you do. Hope you didnt pay too much but it sounds like you are not from the U.S. so it might not be as bad.
gangzoom
New ITRCA Member

Post by gangzoom »

48hrs turned into another 24hrs..but finally i was able to pick her up today..am actually glad the dealer spent so long preparing her, cos she looks spotless...almost didnt want to drive her incase she got dirty, but than i remeber just how good she was on the test drive :D

I paid top money for the car, but it was from a honda dealer and came with all the extra support (warranty/honda service history...etc) I really dont see my self selling this car for a long time, so i didnt mind paying a bit extra.

Am actually in England, here we have some amazing roads, infact long straight sections of road are pretty rare (not counting motorways/freeways)..so shes going to be put to good use. Luckly car thefts here is much less of a problem..but like some one said if they really want your car they'll find a way :x : , that picture of the gutted ITR is pretty sad :(

Hoping to add a better sound system to the car soon..though am not sure if anything will ever sound as good as a ITR being driven hard...hehe actually my friend described the car as "frightening" when i was driving it in the VETEC zone :twisted:

Anyways heres some images
Last edited by gangzoom on March 6th, 2006, 8:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
black itr guy
New ITRCA Member

Post by black itr guy »

the pics dont work for me
no really they are just stickers. =)
Post Whore!!

Wow. We never got red as a color choice here.Sooooo jealous.She is absolutely gorgeous!!!So worth the wait after all!
Splitime
New ITRCA Member

Post by Splitime »

Anyone else think the dealership kept the car that long so they could beat on it some more before it left their hands? ;P
get RIGHT
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by get RIGHT »

Splitime wrote:Anyone else think the dealership kept the car that long so they could beat on it some more before it left their hands? ;P
LOL, yep.

The car is beautiful. Looks like that 72 hours of waiting was well worth it.
Congrats to you.
ninetails
ITRCA Member

Post by ninetails »

dats some reaaaaal chunky tirez.. :shock:
but nice buy!! congrats!!
type r 604
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

Thinking re-painting the PY with MR...

Naaa...

But that car is sweet!
swed
gsrjigga
New ITRCA Member

Post by gsrjigga »

wait.. arent the european itrs the ones with the brake light built into the bumper.. if so.. PIX!! :D
Post Whore!!

I have heard that it's a reverse fog light, so that people can see you when it's foggy.Gangzoom, can you let us know??
gangzoom
New ITRCA Member

Post by gangzoom »

God i love this car. Just being for a "quick" trip down to the local supermarket. Its normaly a 5 mintue drive, today it turned into a 45minute drive and i had to fill up with petrol on the way back :D

Being exploring the car more, i think i have a 3rd gear synchro problem..makes a grinding noise when i shift up on high revs..but am not too worried cos i have a 12month honda warranty 8) Actually am using it as an excuse to drive the car quite hard..just to check the car for any other problems ofcourse :roll:

Anyways here are some more picts...
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

Simply beautiful

but the dealer might not cover the Syncros under warranty... they might say it's a wear item.
swed
gangzoom
New ITRCA Member

Post by gangzoom »

humm i think they probably would espically consider ive only had the car for a few days. Ive asked around and it appears that honda dealer (here in england anyways) are happy to replace clutchs under warranty...and i would have thought the clutch is much more of a wear item than part of the gear box :shock: especillay when the cars' only done 40K...hehe that my line anyways, will found out soon enough :D
get RIGHT
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by get RIGHT »

Does anyone know why the Type R rear badge is "relocated" on the trunk lid on certain European models?