would you be able to plac ea k series in a type r

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
pingu
New ITRCA Member

would you be able to plac ea k series in a type r

Post by pingu »

yes i know its possible since everything is but would it be possible to put a type r of 03 ++ jdm of course into a 01 and yet be easy... meaning i dont want to weld other mounts and cut my firewall.... is it possible or will i have to do these things to make it possible i found a jdm typer k series for 1300 and would like to buy it before i get my 01 :)
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

Get a ITR first, hopefully in good running condition and drive it before you start thinking of ways to deform it.

Start with the basics... Own one, drive one, learn to drive (taught by Instructor ON track), then think about changing things to fit street/track needs, Do extensive research on parts, find best prices and service, buy and DIY or hire well qualified mechanic.

Not being harsh, just speaking from personal experience.

Best of luck.
swed
Dawn, Destroyer of Worlds
Post Whore!!

Post by Dawn, Destroyer of Worlds »

Bbasso wrote:Get a ITR first, hopefully in good running condition and drive it before you start thinking of ways to deform it.

Amen to that.You should read the swapped K series thread that's on this forum before you proceed with this "upgrade".
Yoshimitshu
New ITRCA Member

Post by Yoshimitshu »

i double that amen....get the car first.....it will speak for itself
pingu
New ITRCA Member

Post by pingu »

i know the car speaks for it self.... im one of the big bosses son for acura so when it first came out i acutally drove it around for fun ^_^... i just want something faster and yet its still a itr since its a jdm k type r motor :) just wanted to know if it would fit without cutting the firewall
Post Whore!!

IT IS NOT STILL AN ITR!!!! Did you read that thread I pointed out?

Look, bud, I am not here to bag on you, but I think you should do a little more research. If you're looking for something to swap an '03 JDM ITR engine into, why not pick a DC5? I'm sure it would be an easier fit, and not as sacreligious. Or if it must be a DC2, please don't rip apart a mint one, try and find a salvage title and give it a new lease on life.Good idea considering that if the numbers don't match, the caR is worth a lot less, any-way.
コ ブラスタ
New ITRCA Member

Post by コ ブラスタ »

Not being mean but are you crazy? Why diminish the value of a great car by the way I hope whatever car your looking at gets snatched up before you can buy it.(just looking out for the well being of any future victimized R's)
pingu
New ITRCA Member

Post by pingu »

lol everyone is hating wow.... i know what u guys are saying but dont u think a k series in a type r shell would dominate on the track? but yeah i found a 01 on the island that im probibly gonna buy after i sell my s2k
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

A bunch of HC guys are going K series... But if are not up to driving at that level a B Series will do just fine.

Why not come to Expo and maybe get a ride a long in an R on track? It's worth coming even if you watch!
swed
pingu
New ITRCA Member

Post by pingu »

where is the expo held? i live in honolulu :P
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

I can't tell you where it is, But I would suggest flying out to it. Reid did that for Expo 3.

( look at the top of the forums for the location)
swed
StatGSR
New ITRCA Member

Post by StatGSR »

pingu wrote:lol everyone is hating wow.... i know what u guys are saying but dont u think a k series in a type r shell would dominate on the track? but yeah i found a 01 on the island that im probibly gonna buy after i sell my s2k
well yes it would do well on a track. but its not a good reason to kill a type r. its one thing to pick up a type r shell that was stripped/salvaged and build it like that. but taking out the motor to replace it is just wrong. you could pic up any other g3 for way cheaper cut it up and upgrade the suspension and brakes for the price of a type r, and you wouldnt be considered a type r killer for it, just a much more logical way of getting a k-series teg.
94 Integra GSR
ninetails
ITRCA Member

hehe

Post by ninetails »

to bad that kinda feelins was introducd to me a lil too late :cry: :?
type r 604
Ford Prefect
ITRCA Member

Re: hehe

Post by Ford Prefect »

ninetails wrote:to bad that kinda feelins was introducd to me a lil too late :cry: :?
It's just too bad you didn't ask until it was too late!
'97 ITR #90 - Stock - 1st owner
'03 CL Type-S - 6spd
ITR Militia Member #2
270+lb ITR CLUB We fall in, and crawl out
pingu
New ITRCA Member

Post by pingu »

what do u mean by to late for what?
Post Whore!!

obviously STILL didn't read that thread :roll:
Ninetails just did a k swap too, and by the time he had heard our opinions, his b motor was already out and sold.....so it was too late to turn back.
pingu
New ITRCA Member

Post by pingu »

ic yet isnt the k series dope on the track though :)
Ford Prefect
ITRCA Member

Post by Ford Prefect »

pingu wrote:ic yet isnt the k series dope on the track though :)
Did you read the F&#%$@ing thread?????

He significantly devalued his R, and forever removed an original, unmolested, very limited edition car from the gene pool!!!

What's it gonne take to get this through your thick skull?
'97 ITR #90 - Stock - 1st owner
'03 CL Type-S - 6spd
ITR Militia Member #2
270+lb ITR CLUB We fall in, and crawl out
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

pingu wrote:ic yet isnt the k series dope on the track though :)
Have you Ever been on track before?

If you were to get a ride with someone that knows how to drive(on track), a Yugo would feel fast.
I have no complaints about a B Series motor on track, Yes there are faster cars w/ more powerful motors.

What in your eyes makes the K series so desireble? cause other people have it?
swed
ninetails
ITRCA Member

Post by ninetails »

well.. i did it. .because Im kind of tired of B series now.. been through it all.. fully built for boost, and nasty NA setups.. they were all in my previous dc2 gsr...

I got a hold of a type r, because to me,,.. the presence of a type r drops my jaw everytime.. the paint quality.. the finesse, the fact that there are only so many made... the way you guys on itrca make itrs seem like everyother car isnt as worthy.. :P , plus.. I've been reading some of the post on track experience with an itr and really want to get involved... so i figured.. why not start with an itr...

that plus.. no mater what i did to my gsr.. my freinds would taunt me
"that aint no type r" -hated that!! :x

as far as havin a b series, you guys are going to have to admit.. a tund kswap will desolate a nicely built NA bseries... its been done.. and its happnd to me with a freind that has a k20a R in his dc2...

so...... I did what i did, not because of "everyone else did it"

did it caz.. k20 has more potential by far!! So, does this really make me an itr killer?

besides.. my itr isnt all that clean to praise.. its only nice because it was rarely driven (22k miles :p).. the previous owner had this car parkd for like a year.. in the g@# D@# sun!! (my door handles, and rear mirrors are now kinda canary yellow) i dont think he wasnt really the itr fan..
type r 604
naDC2R
ITRCA Member

Post by naDC2R »

^^ agreed with that!

Also, i believe that when you consider doin a k20 swap into a dc2r, you;re doin that more for yourself, for your enjoyment, who cares what other ppl say bout it, that u ruined a perfect itr, big woop! its your car, u do watever u want with it. Id personally love to do the k20R swap into my dc2r, only reason why im not is cause of $$ at the moment, and u cant really say i want to do it cause everyone else is doin it...cause id be the only one around my area with that done, at least that i know of?

I got the same feedback from ppl, when i converted from 4by 114.3 bolt pattern (jdm 96 spec from factory) and upgraded to the 5by114.3 pattern, for the bigger brakes, etc. Some ppl told me that it will take away from the value of the car, etc, but i dont care, im doin this for myself, i never plan to resell my car anyways. So same thing can be said for the k series swap.
96 Spec R
Post Whore!!

ninetails wrote:
that plus.. no mater what i did to my gsr.. my freinds would taunt me
"that aint no type r" -hated that!! :x
It's kind of ironic that you wanted a type R so badly........

What exactly was it that drew you to the ITR's? The rarity and collectability of the cars? Because your car doesn't have that quality anymore. It obviously wasn't for the speed and agility that put this car in a class of it's own, because you gutted out it's engine, so why did you want one in the first place? You basically are in the same boat now that you were when you had your old car......because that ain't no type R anymore.
pingu
New ITRCA Member

Post by pingu »

all i wanted to know is if it bolted on correctly and my friend from hypersports told me it fits but i gotta get the mount kit and wire harness etc.... so it aint hard i probibly will swap the motor with a k since i love how the k pulls.... just to let u guys know ive drove a type r in japan i lived there for awhile.... to me a type r with a 03 ++ type r motor is the same as a type r dont care about b series and k.... to me its a type r and thats how i feel.... i want the type r because i always wanted one but i do go on tracks and race other cars with my s2k.... k with a type r shell would be alot faster then my s2k :) thanks for all the imput but i will be buying a 01 yellow itr with 40k miles and changing the motor after a week :)... you guys can say im killing something unique but to me im in it for the speed and the body i love the body.... thanks everyone again for your input i really appreciated it and once i have it ill keep it for life ^_^

also if i do plan to sell it and someone is bugging me a bunch for the motor also i keep all my stock parts so ill have it on the side just like i did with my s2k
Post Whore!!

Perfect example of what happens when rich kids watch too much "Fast and the Furious". No knowledge, no respect. I for one am done reading, looking at, and replying to anything this kid posts. Although every-one has different opinions about whats cool to do to your car, this goes against MY opinions to the extreme. I guess I'm bitter about the fact that our caR was so perfect and we struggled to keep her that way to preserve one of a dying breed, then she gets stolen and stripped. Then, on the other side of the spectrum we have this jerk of a kid trying to desicrate and kill the same car Will and I tried so hard to preserve. So, yeah, I'm done.
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

brokenhearted wrote: every-one has different opinions about whats cool to do to your car

/ \
|
|
Right on!

But take it easy easy... I can picture you behind th screen turnig colors :lol:
He can do what ever he likes, Oh well......
swed