How you introduce your ITR

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
neo_
ITRCA Member

How you introduce your ITR

Post by neo_ »

I thought it would be interesting to share how everyone introduces their ITR to their family and friends, what they think of the raw ride and etc...
neo_
ITRCA Member

Post by neo_ »

Ill share my mom's thoughts who is automotive illiterate.

She thinks my car is somehow broken because it "shakes"
(Hasport/JimFab Mounts)

She thinks it sits too low (stock ride height), and that it jerks (manual is never as smooth as auto obviously)

I just got my Thermal R&D 3" catback on today, it would be interesting to see her responce to how loud it is.
Yoshimitshu
New ITRCA Member

Post by Yoshimitshu »

I never let my parents drive my car. Especially now that i got the new ITR engine in her. My mom would KILL my clutch. When i got my rims, my dad raised my rent double!!!! (i was living with my parents then) I was pissed, but they never drove it
BudMan
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by BudMan »

Yoshimitshu wrote:I never let my parents drive my car. Especially now that i got the new ITR engine in her. My mom would KILL my clutch. When i got my rims, my dad raised my rent double!!!! (i was living with my parents then) I was pissed, but they never drove it
That's classic! I'll have to remember that - my kid is 10 & is becoming a car guy. You can see him at Expo 6, just look for "BudLight".

BudMan
aka "daddy"
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

First time out with my Dad, he beat the car more than I did. I was shocked. As for the rest, mom won't ride in the car with me, brother want's to borrow the car and the sisters could care less.
SaraITR
New ITRCA Member

Post by SaraITR »

Dad helped me pick it out, he loves it, but I hate letting him drive it. Brother thinks its fast, he says he can't wait to get his license so he can drive it (not going to happen). My sister/girl friends have the typical girl response: oh its pretty!, what does that do? why is your shift knob so plain? etc... Guy friends: if its faster than their car: "Oh... its just a glorified civic..." if its equal or slower than their car: "I like it!"
MikeB
New ITRCA Member

Post by MikeB »

Friends: Love it. "Can I drive it?"

Girlfriend: Knows its a part of me and luckily she loves cars as well. "I hate it how you smell exhaust fumes in the car" or "It doesnt do anything for me...." (being that its torqueless and she owns an 06 WRX)

Parents: Look out for my car as much as I do. When at home, they offer to pull one of their cars out to place in the garage. Mind, they live in one of the nicest neighborhoods where they live.

Dogs: Will puke in the car since they hate car rides.

Me: Its an expensive hobby. Its a love/hate relationship. Cant be with or without the car.
INTGRTY
New ITRCA Member

Post by INTGRTY »

-the first and only time i let my dad drive my car away from the house, i was in the passenger seat telling him to let the rpms rise all the way to at least 8000, but he wouldnt go past 5500 cuz he drove an SUV at the time and was afraid it would damage my engine.

-mom reminds me to drive slow and dont go crazy anytime she steps into the car (which to her crazy would be above 4000rpm in any gear but fifth).

-girlfriend loves it when it hits vtec, she thinks its so cool...plus the other normal girlfriend comments previously mentioned of "its so cute", etc.

-friends love the car, some even brag to other car guys that they know someone with an R.
INTGRTY